1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farve wins

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATLFINFAN, Aug 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    This is more NFL news than Miami news but it has been talked about on here before so here it goes again.....

We dont need to worry anymore that Farve may end up here because GB just issued a statement saying Farve is going to play another year, his 17th, for Green Bay. Maybe the circus will now end.

2. ATL-Dolfan

ATL-Dolfan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Alright, maybe ESPN and other sports outlets can get over it and start talking about something other than Brett. I am quite tired of hearing about him. It would really suck to be Aaron Rogers now, I bet he is pretty pissed about the situation.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  3. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    ATLFINFAN likes this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Lol poor Aaron Rodgers. They might as well trade him off for a pick and get Brohm ready for when Favre actually hangs em up.

BuckeyeKing, PMZQ and ATLFINFAN like this.
  5. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I wish Favre would just go away!!!

PMZQ and ATLFINFAN like this.
  6. ATL-Dolfan

ATL-Dolfan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Me too.... He should count his blessings for not being hurt too bad in all those years playing, just go away!

As for Aaron Rogers, how funny would it be if he asked for a release or trade. I mean an open competition is clearly in Farve's favor, he know the offense and the speed of the game. I think this is Aaron's 4th year in the league as well, he has to be pissed off about this and he can't say anything about it.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  7. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Well at least hes getting paid whilst this circus continues. Love it if he asked for a trade. Favre needs to stop clowning around and stop messing with the team and players.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  8. RxR express2334

RxR express2334 New Member

Aug 3, 2008

This will not end the circus it will just make it bigger. Now all we will here is about how the players feel about it, how the qb competition is going , and how Arron Rodgers and Brett Farve's relationship is.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'd be happy if we somehow got Rodgers or Brohm.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rogers for Beck maybe?

Or dare I? Rogers for...Ginn?

11. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Rodgers shud tell Packers he wants out. If he knows he is a bonafide starter and had any confidence in his abilty i wud right about now be telling Green Bay where to stick it.

12. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Rodgers for Beck sounds appetizing.

13. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I wonder if Rogers has 1 or 2 years left on his contract. Is there any way to find out ? If I am him, I carry the clipboard this year, but I bail no matter what when my contract is up.

14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    there's tons of people waiting for Favre at the airport. These cheese people are absolutely insane.

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    What if this 'competition' is nothing more than a ploy by the GB front office? They could let Favre compete, then tell him he's not good enough, and bench him. There's nothing favre can do at that point.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If I'm Rodgers, I ask for a trade. Future franchise QB my ***!

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Brian Brohm is probably the most confused person on the planet right now.

18. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

How about we just keep the QB's we have and see where they take us? I swear, every time someone farts in the NFL this board has 50 posts wanting to give us players or picks for somebody else's player. How about we try drafting our team like the successful franchises do?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    if we did that back in 2000, Damon Huard could potentially still be a Dolphin.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    And Rodgers must be feeling the least confident.

21. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    How funny would it be if Alex Smith was out of the league before Aaron Rodger gets his first start :sidelol:

alen1 likes this.
  22. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm glad that matters have finally ended between Favre and the Packers. It'll be nice to be able to watch Sportscenter or NFL Netwrok and have to hear the lastest on Brett Favre every ten minuetes.

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Don't get happy just yet. I bet this will drag out another month.

:lol:

24. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Man do i feel for aaron rodgers, this whole situation is honestly pathetic

25. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

What goes around; comes around! Mr.:evillaugh:Farve deserves everything bad that can happen to him cause, in my eyes, he's nothing more than a Medal chaser. He wants all the Medals and could care less about those around him. 6-10 sounds about right and he loses both home games and gets Booed there!:tongue2::up:

26. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    So am I the only person on here that supports Brett Favre in this (well except for jaydog)?

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :yes:

28. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    You know I was going to ask why that is but I believe at this point its pointless. :pity:

BTW if you watched the Colts vs Redskins game (which you did) you could see that he has quite a few supporters left.

Also take it to the bank that he will start for the Pack this year...I think the open competition is paving the way for that (unless its all a clever deception).

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:
    Stalker.

Yeah, I saw that. The locker room is split on him though which matters more imo.
    I'm with you on this one.

30. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    If only you knew how much. :shifty: :hi5:

Also once again I'll set you straight alen by saying that the locker room split won't matter. If that split matters that much then the Fins are screwed because the Fins locker room will be split in three ways more than likely. The fact is when the regular season starts the Packers will get on board because they are all playing for contracts and that will matter more than the Favre/Rodgers/Thompson love triangle.

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    How will it not matter? It could 'mess up' the team chemistry. If more than 50% of the guys are against Favre coming back to the team, why would you accept him? This is where I don't understand Thompson. You've told the team that Rodgers will be their starter and that they have moved on. The team is clearly not happy with Favre contemplating retirement every year and then finally when he does decide to hang it up, he wants back in. Why would you risk bringing back this guy and getting 25+ guys upset with the team management?

The biggest problem I have with this comeback is that they told Rodgers they moved on and he will be the starting Quarterback of their team in the upcoming season. Now, they bring back this guy and tell him it is an 'open competition'. What kind of loyalty is that?

You brought up the option of this being a possible clever deception. That could be the case but we don't know that. The only thing we know is the fact that they have brought back this guy after appointing his successor less than a month ago.

The difference between the Favre soap opera and the Dolphins current QB situation is that these players in Green Bay don't want this guy back. In Miami, the players want a guy to be settled on and lead this team to their expectations.

They may get on board but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be happy with the situation that is taking place. You have to remember that those contracts that they are playing for run up after a certain period and these players could very well walk if they feel that this organization is not loyal. Not only the players currently on the team but future free agents. Those high-priced free agents may think that this organization won't keep their word to them in case it gets tough between the two and may not come. After these recent events, that could be a possibility in the future.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  32. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I only support Favre if he is wearing purple. I want to see All Day destroy opponents.

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, should have expected this. How did you go from supporting Favre to making a statement on Peterson? :lol:

34. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    alen1 likes this.
  35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    BuckeyeKing likes this.
  36. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    anyone who thinks we should trade Ginn is out of their mind.. it is just a stupid idea.. stupid..

BuckeyeKing and Big E like this.
  37. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think you've got your man-love wires crossed there, buddy. :lol:

BuckeyeKing, alen1 and Big E like this.
  38. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    You are saying that players will think that the Packers won't be loyal to them because of the Favre situation and I think that is ludicrous. Players already know that teams aren't loyal to them and that is why they are trying to get all the big guaranteed money contracts because they know the team can drop them at any time and chock it up to business. Also why wouldn't the players look at this and say Favre was here 17 years, won a Super Bowl, and had only one losing season and they treat him like this, where is the loyalty there. So there are two good reasons (one directly opposing yours) that I could see making the other Packers feeling like the organization is disloyal.

Also I still don't think this will cause a lot of chemistry problems. For the most part I think teammates go off of how they like a teammate. Now if you were to tell me that Favre is an a-hole and Rodgers is a friend to all type guy then yes I could see this being a chemistry problem. However I have never heard of Favre being a tough guy to play with (he may be but I've never heard about it) or Rodgers being a nice guy to play with. If I'm wrong please correct me.

39. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If players knew that teams weren't loyal, then why the hell are they signing with them? If this is going on when I'm a FA, why would I want to go there? I get promised one thing than other another happens.

Treat him like this? The man finally decided to retire after 4 years of pondering. It was about damn time and then he finally does make the decision and now he wants back in. Favre brought this treatment upon himself. He deserves what he's getting. He's shouldn't be with the team because of him continuing to screw around and because of the team chemistry which DOES matter. The Packers did something I wouldn't have and they offered him a spot on this team, to be a backup Quarterback. Favre, being the *** that he is, goes on live television and goes off about how " I can't be a backup". Why not? If you want to be with this team, you take the position that is given to you. This guy is all about me and he needs to get his head out of his own arse. And yes, the initial report was that he did want to be with the Packers.

Favre is guilty in this department as well.

Hey, you want to go off a teammate, fine. ESPN reports just came out that the Packers players are 100% behind Rodgers. They want him to be the guy and that they like how he has handled this saga. They are clearly not happy with this guy coming back and I can't say I blame them.

Btw, way to cut out the rest of my reply lol.

40. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Not quite sure what you mean there I responded to everything I deemed pertinent. :yes:

First of all you should know that all players distrust their organizations to a certain degree because of their contracts that aren't guaranteed. Why else do they seek these guaranteed money contracts and usually do this before their current contracts are up? Its simple they don't trust the organization. There are a few exceptions but not many and players will still go to Green Bay if they offer the money since they know all organizations are disloyal. I do agree that the FoxNews interview was a terrible move by Favre. However I think the Packers owe him a lot and the way they are treating him shows no loyalty. :pity:

Also the opinion you gave was the typical opinion a player would give now to be a team player. What I wanted to hear is a teammate saying why they don't like Favre and why he shouldn't come back. Of course they will say they support Rodgers that is the Packers MO right now.

Here is a source I found with evidence of Favre being welcomed back.

PFT:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/08/some-packers-expect-to-get-our-quarterback-back/