1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fasano is an H-Back?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Omar K thinks so, although I dont think I've seen us use him as such, ever.

2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Fasano might be the most under appreciated guy on the team. Great blocker, decent receiver, nice overall TE. Not the best fit for our offense perhaps but he is well worth 3-4 million IMO.

MrClean likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, not sure how much Kleinsasser used to make for the Vikings but would have to say Fasano is worth at least that much.

Thus, he probably won't be kept.

4. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Dolpins want him back. Nice kid, I hope they work out the money details.

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's not grossly inaccurate, but it's misleading. There isn't a dedicated H-Back position in the offense, it's something tight ends will do sometimes in the offense. Fasano did it, but it wasn't his primary position, and I doubt by total snaps or by percentage he was either playing H-Back or true fullback stuff more than Charles Clay was.

I don't think Fasano was really used to his abilities here, and would disagree pretty strongly with the idea he was best coming out of the backfield. His game is basically fooling defenses with his blocking into getting open in the intermediate. Miami shortened his route tree, stuck him in the slot more often, and did play action/pass protection releases less than in the past, which is why his yards per catch dropped in half.

Fasano can probably find a better fit for him in the off-season, and Miami can probably find guys that more cleanly fit the specific roles they want.

alen1 and the 23rd like this.