1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat Albert Anyone!!!! News

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dgb11112, Feb 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    I know we have needs like Center and some others but Albert Haynesworth is a DYNAMIC game Changer. Thoughts? :knucks::up:

More Player News

Albert Haynesworth-DL- Titans Feb. 18 - 11:50 am et

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, DT Albert Haynesworth will not re-sign with the Titans before testing the free agent market.

Haynesworth obviously wasn't satisfied with the progress of contract talks, and this news makes it unlikely that he will return to the Titans. Perhaps the most disruptive defense player in the NFL the past two seasons, Haynesworth is sure to draw a monster contract on the open market. The Titans would have to match the highest offer now that their exclusive negotiating window is closed.
    Source: NFL.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Sounds like he wants too much money. I rather have a young, hungry player that will work his butt off to get the big contract than to over pay for a player that doesn't really care after he gets his big deal......IMO

3. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    I know he is a great player and one of the best at his position. But I cannot get over the head stomp.

I can really see him getting the biggest contract ever in the NFL...that is until next years free agent class. lol

Then gaining toooooo much weight and acting like he just has to show up. Yes, I think the money will make him softer than the Pillsbury dough boy.

That could be b/c I cannot stand anybody that would stomp on a player head without a helmet. He is just a street thug attack waiting to happen, if he was not in the NFL. It would not take long for him to have a run in with the police.

Buyer Beware!!!

FinFan_Est.1984 and njfinfan like this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

how do you know that will be the case here?

5. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    I am not sure what his reasons are, but it would be possible. It all comes down to character and love for the game once a player gets the big time money.

His character has shown a flaw that makes you wonder about him BEFORE the deal. Think about the Titans, their running game and defense is the only way they will win a game. They have tagged him before and still not willing to give him the big money deal. That shows they are more than gun shy on a player with his proven talents. That speaks volumes to me...

6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

obviously its a possibility. but so is

not holding true as well. that young player could be happy with his few million and sit on his *** as well.

im not sure id spend the money on him either, i know hes a great player and would love to have him.

the only 2 guys i know for sure id want and spend the money on would be Jason Brown and Namdi(obvioulsy if he wasnt tagged). other then that, im on the fence a lot this offseason.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Haynsworth, but I would rather spend less and get Brown or the oakland corner.

Haynsworth could make your cap space miserable over the next few seasons really limiting what this FO could do. But he would be a huge upgrade there is no quesiton about that.

His health also concerns me

8. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    I agree it could go either way with a player...

I just think he has had trouble in the past on and off the field. His on the field trouble was one of the worst things I have seen in a long time from a player. His off the field issues have not been as bad as some players. But his recent issues shows a little bit of the mind set of his ways. He just got probation for doing over a 100 miles an hour, then 4 days later he is speeding yet again and causes an accident. He is not above the law, but it would be easy to THINK that he believes that he is better than everyone else. NOT THE GUY I WANT TO SINK MY FUNDS INTO...

Some info on his...I can do what I want BS...
    http://www.wsmv.com/sports/18700856/detail.html#-

Good view on the topic...
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=514064

9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    We don't know, thats the problem. He may be okay, but a lot of times after a player gets a big contract, they don't work as hard. As far as a young gun goes, most of them want the big contract and are more hungry to get it.

10. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Absolutely not, he has serious character concerns and the recent news that he caused an accident because he was driving well over the speed limit just a few days after being placed on probation for driving over 100 mph, seals it for me. This is a punk who has had several run-ins, both on and off the field, who just doesn't "get it".

No thanks.

gunn34, New Era and azfinfanmang like this.
  11. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I flip flop on this guy quite a bit. I think he'd add a great presence to our D, but not for the money he'll want.

12. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    you wont ever see anything good out of him when he gets paid

13. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    He expects to become the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. The price tag + the character issues makes me want to stay far far away.

gunn34 likes this.
  14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah, im not sold on him. He seems like a guy who played a career year to get a payday, then will slack off.
    I could be wrong, hope im wrong, but he does give off that vibe.

IMO if Asomougha hits the market we should pursue him with eveything we have.

New Era likes this.
  15. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    I agree 100%.

His presence alone on the field will just about force passes to the other part of the field. Any D-Cord can prepare knowing they have shorter field to protect. He would make our defense VERY TOUGH vs. the pass.

W. Allen would be #2 .... and a very solid #2 I might add.

wow...I know I am just dreaming thinking we might get him. But man what a great dream it is.

16. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'm not sure where everyone is getting the impression Albert Haynesworth is a quitter... My issue is his inability to play 16 games. In 7 years, he's never started all 16 games. If you're going to pay big money for a guy, you have to make sure he's worth every penny, not just a fraction.

17. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    All this hate for Albert Haynesworth is nonsense. Everytime a guy breaks out before a contract year its only because he is a money hungry fool who will quit when he gets the payday. That is crazy talk and while that could be the case I seriously doubt it. The man has some serious intensity and you don't have that if you just want some money. He is hungry to win a championship and you can't blame him for wanting to get paid cause his career could be over at any time.

He would bring a dominate force up the middle and be able to pressure the QB up the middle which is most important. It would flush the QB out to Joey Porter, other rushing LB, or DE. Games our won and lost in the trenches and I think thats fairly obvious with our big turn around cause the part we worked on the most was the trenches. I would not have any problems bringing him in.