1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Fins game ever?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by btfu149, Jun 3, 2013.

1. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    What is everyone's favorite Dolphin game ever?
    For me personally it is certainly the 2000 Dolphins win over the Colts in the Wild Card round. Lamar Smith beasting with 40 carries and 209 yards with the game winning 18 yard TD run. Fiedler hitting Weaver to tie the game in regulation, and I think Zach Thomas intercepting Manning in OT to set Smith up. Living in Indiana I always got so much sh*t being a Fins fan but this game was just awesome!
    [​IMG]

SICK and Rick 1966 like this.
  2. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    I don't like answering this question because i'll never have a favorite game. The 52-17 opening day thrashing of the Jets comes to mind first for some reason.. Man, watching the dolphins on opening day was glorious for a good 13 years there. So much anticipation for the new year and we always started super hot.

I'm going to stop there.

Actually, the division clincher in the Meadowlands a few years back was a lot of fun for me being with most of my family watching it on the big screen, but shredding the jets in that fashion was a spectacle. It wasn't even that close.

Unlucky 13 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  3. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    That Jets game was probably my second favorite game. If we won we were in, if we lost the Pats were in with a win and the Jets needed to beat us and the Pats needed to lose. It felt great to be the front runner against our rivals for once!

SICK and P h i N s A N i T y like this.
  4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I liked the win against Favre and the Jets in NY as of recent but the win against the Jets when AJ Duhe had three interseptions may have been one of my all time favorites.The win against the Steelers in 72 was huge as well.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  5. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Can't remember the year but we thrashed the Chargers in the playoffs one year, like 55-28 or something like that. Not to be confused with the Pete Stoyanovich Chargers game. Anyhow, I had no idea what was going on other than we were beating their asses, and it was the last game I saw with my big brother before he shipped off to the Navy, good times.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  6. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Post 1999, beating green bay the year they won the super bowl when wake had like 3 sacks and fasano did the fake lambeau leap was awesome. In 02 when ricky was a madman also had some great games.

7. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    The MNF game vs the Jets where Henne and Sanchez both looked like franchise QBs. How wrong we were... It was still an entertaining game.

SICK likes this.
  8. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

For me, the immediate first game that comes to mind is Marino's comeback game after his torn achilles against The Patriots. Just an awesome shoot out that saw Marino hit former Pat, Irving Fryar for the game winner.

The Fake Spike Game for obvious reasons.

The Wildcat Game, also against The Patriots. That was just an entertaining beat down of epic proportions and the spark that led to our last playoff run.

And a couple of a Fiedler gems in the post Sept. 11th last second win against the Oakland Raiders that landed Jay the cover of Sports Illustrated, the Thanksgiving Day Game against The Cowboys in the throwbacks and the orange jersey Patriots game where Fiedler came for the bench and led Miami to victory.

And last but not least, the Samphin Sunday Night Birthday Game when we beat Denver in a kicking shoot out between Olindo Mare and Jason Elam.

9. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    There are other favorites, but my absolute top favorite game is the '85 win over the then undefeated Chicago Bears when Danny thrashed Ditka's Bears with Buddy Ryan's vaulted "46 defense" who talked much smack before that game. Will never forget it - or how Ditka and Ryan were screaming on the sidelines at each other...

Recap: http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/greatestgames/chicagomiami1985.html

#2 would be when Danny returned from the Achilles injury to beat the crap out of Parcell's Patsies by throwing 5 TDs and for almost 500 yards. After the game a sullen Parcells replied "Dan Marino" to a reporters question of "what happened out there, coach?"

Recap: http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/2010/10/02/stn-classic-rewind-1994-patriots-dolphins/

smahtaz likes this.
  10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My favorite was the regular season win at Denver in 2002. Hardest hitting game I can recall; great game throughout with Olindo Mare coming through at the end from like 53 yards.

11. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

That was the day I became a Dolphins fan. I moved to Florida 2 months earlier. I had just finished fixing this guy's computer and he asked me is I wanted to go to the game. I jumped is his car and we stopped to pick up his wife and her sister. What an incredible night that was.

cuchulainn likes this.
  12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I've never had as much fun as I did watching the Wildcat Patriots game in 2008. I was laughing my *** off by about the fourth or fifth successful play and the sideline shots of Belichick.

I think I fell in love with football the 2000 Colts wildcard game. I had been going to games since I was a little kid but I think I hit the right age and the right game.

I'll always have a bit of a fond spot despite the ignominiousness of the single win vs the Ravens in 2007. It's an embarrassing moment but I've never seen anything like it. I cried, actually.

SICK and smahtaz like this.
  13. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Pats vs Phins Monday night 2004. AJ Feeley baby! :P

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    miami v the cowgurls on thanksgiving. 1993

Paul 13, cuchulainn and smahtaz like this.
  15. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    2008 week 17

smahtaz likes this.
  16. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That was the first Dolphins game I ever watched. Made me a Dolphins fan. I was in 2nd grade and all my friends thought no one could beat Dallas. Miami did, and I was hooked. I didn't even learn who Dan Marino was until the next year.

17. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I was a phins/oilers fan at the time. This game made me a primarily phins fan. Against the cowgurls? I was in heaven haha.

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Sept. 22, 2002. The game of "The One Handed Catch".
    [video=youtube_share;p3Z3jrQs73U]http://youtu.be/p3Z3jrQs73U[/video]

Its not my favorite because of that though. Its because the Jets had beaten us like 8 games in a row. And we stomped them that game finally breaking the streak, and it was euphoria in the stadium. Absolute euphoria. I couldn't have been luckier to be at that game.

19. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Was that the 30-10 game when Ricky sealed it with that long td run? They played the Rising by Bruce afterwards?

If so, I too was there and it was a favorite. Pandemonium.

I was at 2 classics though, the fake spike play happened right in front of me in that end zone, and the Eagle game when Shula became the all time winningest coach. My brother patted him on the back as he walked to the bus, and mark Higgs gave me a wrist band. That was a good day!

A favorite recently was the Rex Ryan Jets Monday nighter, with all the lead changes and Ronnie running it in from the Wild Cat to win. That one was sweet.

Sent from my iPad

Fin D likes this.
  20. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Then we lost five straight. Missed the playoffs.

21. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    First game comes to mind immediately is Dec. 2 1985. Phins beat undefeated Bears.

NEVER experienced a more electric and deafening atmosphere than that game.
    DJ you'll love the video below.

[video=youtube;GsjIVYZtLOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsjIVYZtLOY[/video]

Second: 84 Championship game against the Steelers. Marino trashed them 45-28

[video=youtube;g3Jg31bS7vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Jg31bS7vc[/video]

Third: 82 AFC Championship "The Mud Bowl" as it will forever be known as. Shula decides to leave the tarp off the field the day before the game during S. FL. downpours to muddy the field and AJ Duhe intercepts Richard Todd for a TD. Classic.

[video=youtube;oHDXoiw6U40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40[/video]

I was at all of these and they are by far my favorite Phins games of all time.

Paul 13, TiP54, SICK and 1 other person like this.
  22. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    2008 Dolphins/Jets when Miami won to go to the playoffs. I was their with my Jet fan sister, Jet fan brother, Dolphin fan Brother in law, and two friends who were Jet fans!

23. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    two of my favs

24. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The mud bowl game, I felt the most confident about my team then, over all the other years I've been a fan..I think.

25. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Did you watch the video "Miami Dolphins fans won't shut up" in my post DJ?
    Classic moment and couldn't be a better example of what you try to communicate to people about the OB v.s. the concrete condo we play in now.

26. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Most recently...the wildcat patriots game. One of the few times the league has caught billicheat with his pants down.

27. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

TiP54 and SICK like this.
  28. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yessir.

I haven't been to many games. Only 3. The game against Baltimore the year they won it all, when Marino's retirement celebration at halftime. That Jets game and one other.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  29. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Oddly, my favorite game ever was a loss. It was the famous Chargers game where Winslow kept being helped off the field and coming back and the famous hook and lateral play right before the half. It was also the last game I ever attended with my dad.

The others that come to mind are, the Thanksgiving game against Dallas, the mud bowl and beating the 85 Bears. More recently, the wildcat game against NE is up there for me.

TiP54 likes this.
  30. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Fake Spike against the Jets has to be included.

[video=youtube;eZfzr9tB4oo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZfzr9tB4oo[/video]

31. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    '08 against the Jets. Sadly. Hope Tannehill brings good games.

32. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Any game that results in a W against New England....

33. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Since I have been a fan since 1966, I have had the good fortune to have watched or attended every game in the history of the Miami Dolphins. So while I have seen numerous exciting games over the last 47 years involving the Dolphins, my favorite game of all time is their first Super Bowl win over the Washington Redskins. This win not only completed the only undefeated season in NFL history, but it also was the first time the Dolphins were Champions of the entire NFL.

While the game itself didn't have the excitement of many other Dolphin games over the years. It did provide the Dolphins with the one thing every team in the NFL strives for every year, a Super Bowl Championship and that is all that really matters once each season is completed.

34. chadisawesome

chadisawesome New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I live in baltimore, the win to get them to 1-15, the only win that season, was like my superbowl. I was ragged and dogged all week about how terrible they were, gonna go 0-16... it was brutal. to pull that out, felt amazing. in an other wise horrible season

35. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I have a lot of favorites but one that sticks out to me but might not mean much to others. It's the October 13, 2002 game against Denver. I was admitted to the hospital earlier that week and had to watch the game from there. Fortunately it was on ESPN as it was a SNF game. Elam kicked what looked like a game winning 55 yard FG with 50 seconds left. Fiedler completed two passes to get us in FG range and Mare kicked a 53 yard game winner with 11 seconds left. It had a great finish and the win meant a lot to me at the time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200210130den.htm

36. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
  37. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    McMichaels reaction is ****ing gold

38. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    The birth of the wildcat against the pats. :) Never has a game got me more excited. That was a magical season!

39. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241220015

This game was a lot of fun. I remember going in and thinking that Miami had no chance of winning against the Patriots. Patriots were top of the league and the Dolphins were having their 2nd worse season.

I remember going to my friend's house to watch the game like I did every Monday night, not even wanting to come over because the Dolphins were going to get killed.

I was very wrong as not only did the Dolphins not get killed, they won on a last second pass from AJ Feeley to Darrius Thompson.

Dolphrank likes this.
  40. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m0SzNtY9WI

Bears at Dolphins 85 for me. 1st yr i became a Dolphin fan. What an introduction! I still know all those Bears players from their shirt numbers. Great team. 31-10 down at half time. Those 31pts were most given up by the Bears in a 1st half in 201 regular season games. Those 31pts were more than anybody had put up combined in the previous 6 games for the Bears Defense. That game was written in the stars.