1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favre a perfect fit for Vikings?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Jul 6, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_9781992?source=most_viewed

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Theres no way they release Farve, they know he would go to Chicago or Minnesota. Could you imagine if the Packers missed the playoffs and the Vikes or Bears won the division with Farve? The GM would be lucky to get out of town alive.

alen1 likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah they won't let him gor fearing he might sign within the division. If he comes back he could be traded.

Its a shame because if he went to Minnesota I wonder how Packer fans would react.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not understanding this. If those were the reasons, why would he want to come back? Also, why would he say that he wants to go to Carolina?

5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I'm sorry but I think possibly winning a super bowl and being that piece trumps all that.

IMO he comes back. The guy doesn't want to do all that bs before the season. Call it a extended vacation.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If he really wants to play, he will be back trust me. The reason? Because if the Packers don't want him back and he asks for a release, they have a certain deadline to grant him his wish.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  7. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Hey Brett,

We missed out on you in 1991 and instead selected Browning Nagle Yes, that Browning Nagle. The MVP of the 91 Fiesta Bowl. The man who led our organization to...

Absolutely nothings.

But hey, nobody could throw a 5 yard out or a screen harder than Mr.Nagle. Well, maybe you could've, but we don't need those passes fired like Joba Chamberlain.

Anyway Brett, we'd think it swell if you decided to come back, be released, and sign with our club. You could help us pack Chad Pennington's bags and teach Kellen Clemens for a year or two.

Sincerely,

Woody Johnson
    Jets Owner

:hi5:

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    And it starts here...

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Well, Brett loves being the center of attention. On the Jets offense he would definitely be the center of everything. Behind that line, he would have all day to find a receiver. Problem is, it would actually take all day.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    You do not know Favre then. He doesn't take all day. He just flings it haphazardly like it's a hot potato.

11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    it wasnt a knock on Favre, :up:

Regan21286 likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    wow, he ran from CBS to HBO in a matter of seconds, amazing!!! Why did he retire? He's obviously much faster now than he ever was during his playing days. NutraSystem must be good like that.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Yea I guess so. Jets WR's don't actually get open. :up:

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    or exist. :escape:

16. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Well, it all starts here is right alen. :sidelol:

Lets see, I'm not even going to touch the Wide Receiver smack talk from Dolphins fans who have their starters as Ted Ginn Jr and Ernest Wilford. :wink2: Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles are possession receivers, but with a real Quarterback in there, Coles can use his speed and get balls deep. Cotchery is one of the best at YAC and breaking tackles, especially in the open field. The Jets problem is there is no threat at Tight End (until now, if Keller evolves) nor in the slot (unless Stuckey evolves). However, the biggest problem is the lack of arm strength in Pennington's arm that keeps Coles from going deep the majority of the time.

Anyway, back to Aqua.

Do I think the Jets are Super Bowl contenders with Brett Favre? Tough question and I'd have to lean towards the side of No, but I would say we would be serious contenders to take down the Pats for the first time since 2002.

The Offensive Line is much improved, the backfield is one of the best in the league (including the depth), two proven receivers and hopefully some new fresh young talent at the third receiver spot and Tight End, in Chansi Stuckey and Dustin Keller. Thats the offense.

On defense, we finally have a player who can play the Nose, and play it well, in Kris Jenkins. Shaun Ellis with Dewayne Robertson at NT was recording 5 sacks per season, I'd like to see that number jump to 7 or 8, and that is just as a 34 DE. At Outside Linebacker the Jets now have Vernon Gholston (who yes, I know at this point is all hype, but so is Jake Long in Miami and other draft picks) and Calvin Pace, who finally looked to be coming into his own after last season. Bill Parcells sought after Pace, so that gives me some hope that he believes he just isn't a one year wonder. Bryan Thomas is working hard to return to his 2006 9 sack season form. If so, with a better Defensive Line, those three could rack up 25+ sacks.

David Harris is already one of the best Inside Linebackers in the league and if he had started last year in all of his games like Patrick Willis, he too would've made the Pro Bowl. The secondary also has one of the best safeties in the league in Kerry Rhodes and an up and coming great Corner in Darrelle Revis, who know Aqua believes will have a breakout season.

The Special Teams return unit is the best pairing in the league. Sure there are better all around returners in Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs, but does any team have the explosiveness of BOTH Justin Miller and Leon Washington? Miller a 2006 Pro Bowl return man and Washington a man who had three returns for touchdowns last season. Mike Nugent hasn't missed a big kick yet and until so I have all the faith of him in tight spot situations.

So are we just Brett Favre away from the Super Bowl? Maybe, maybe not. But we are definitely a team that would challenge New England for the AFC East and we were to over take them and have a 1st round bye + Home Field, we'd be set up pretty nicely.

However, it isn't going to happen. Its the Jets. With our luck Favre will sign with us in late July and retire Sepetember 6th. Thats the way it works in Jets land.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477600