1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Pretty Blah

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mainge, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I've been coaching a 15 and under summer all star team since early May and I've really had a blast. We had our district tournament this weekend. On thursday we beat Phipps Park 6 to 2. We played Jupiter today at 10 to go the championship. We're up 3 to 0 in the top of the 7th (last inning) and walk the first two kids and then we get two strike outs. 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd. Next kid hits a double and 1 scores. 3 to 1. 2nd and 3rd. We get an 0-2 count and our pitcher throws a beautiful in the dirt and this kid ****ing Vlad Guerrero's it outta the park. We lose 4 to 3.

It sucks but its double elimination and we have to play Phipps again right after. No rest.

My boys are freaking gassed. We just played 3 hours in 92 degree heat and lost a heart breaker. I honestly thought we'd just rollover and die.

We fight all game and we're down 6 to 4 going into top 7 and end up taking the lead 7 to 6. Bottom 7 we get two quick outs and then we give up an 0-2 double and then the next kid hits an oppo piss rod that clears the fence. That's the ball game.

Honestly I've never felt worse in my life. I had the best group of kids any coach could ask for. Enthusiastic and loved to play. Just the funniest, best group I've ever been around.

I've never cried over the outcome of any sporting event, ever. But I've cried like a baby over this. I cried for all the 13 year olds going against these monster 15 year olds. They should have been scared ****less and completely over matched but didnt know any better and just hacked away anyway. I cried for my catcher who caught 7 hours straight in the heat. He was dieing back there but he never complained once and every time I asked if he was okay, he lied to me and trotted back there anyway. In the middle of the 6th inning in the 2nd game, he thew up all over home plate but refused to let me pull him out and threw out two base runners to finish the inning. I cried for my 15 year olds who probably played their last game of organized baseball.

They played their hearts out and I'm so proud of them but I'm just sick to my stomach right now. :cry:

2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Wow bro sounds like you have a hell of a team. I am sorry that you did not get to the next round. I feel for ur kids who i know worked there tails off for u