1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feely: Players among last to find out about JT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 23, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/..._to_fi.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Feeley, don't worry about the mule just load the wagon, you pansy kicker.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I hate articles like this. Way to try and make more drama out of an already ridiculous situation. While I agree Sparano should have maybe addressed the team had he already known that JT wasnt showing up, but in the article itself the writer even mentions that alot could have happened in 2 hours after practice was done, till his press conference. So... why even write the damn article based on speculation and then twist a couple of Feely's comments in there to make it sound almost like the players are upset about this now... ridiculous what this is turning into.

phineas64, ATVZ400 and The Rev like this.
  4. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Well, said. It's getting to the point where it seems the writers are looking for just about anything they can print about JT.

5. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Because... that's what bad journalists who want publicity do! :pity:

6. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Yep, that's what writers get paid to do: Stir up interest in their work, and usually making a controversy out of something (or a bigger controiversy out of an issue that already exists,) or even pouring gas on an issue that is dying down, is the easiest way to get attention.

7. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    :lol:

8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

How many regimes have come in here and said " We will only concentrate our efforts, including the energy to even talk about players who are in camps and participating"...I know it was one of JJ's and Shues favorite sayings... In fact, JJ used to not talk about even injured players...

The thing is, this whole episode seems to be more of JT's doings than the teams. I would suppose if their plan was to trade JT, they'd come out and say that they're trying to trade him and don't want to risk injury by having him participate in OTAs, etc...but the fact that it came out the way it did (obviously from JT's mouth to Tunaland/Sparano's ears) JT is the initiator of this dilemma. So what if the other players didn't find out until we did...who knows exactly when this communication came down to Sparano...

The fact is that JT has been acting as though he didn't want to be a part of the Fins since the last part of Cam's tenure. Now he's too wussy to come out publicly and tell the fans what he's doing, he's only communicating thru the team...I'm not advocating that this type of negotiation should go thru the media, but at this point, it appears he's attempting to make it look like this is all coming thru Sparano...and we all know the real truth...

I say good riddance...of course he'll have to hang on this drama until we finally get rid of him via a trade (that will be severely lopsided to whomever he goes to, given the events so far). After all, it's obviously no longer a secret Tunaland would prefer to trade him and everyone knows so that loses at least one to two rounds...

I like Tunaland's approach so far...say nothing, probably working behind the scenes to try to make a worthwhile deal and see what happens. The ball is in his court. He can retire or play with the Fins or make an effort to initiate a trade. The thing is, he'll need to convince other potential suitors that he still has the desire to play ball. That is where I have doubts about JT right now...

Themole and Coral Reefer like this.
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't know how you came to this conclusion, JT has said nothing publicly, and Sparano did not say that JT had made this decision. It sounds more to me like Parcells has decided to make an example out of JT and demonstrate how much he (BP) is in charge. He's done this everywhere he's gone, right when he gets there. Until we get some kind of confirmation that JT made this decision, we ought to withhold judgment on him, JMHO.

If and when we confirm this was JT's doing/decision, I'll be the first to crucify the S.O.B., but for now your entire statement is based on speculation.

10. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    Everything we have heard so far is based on speculation PhinsRock. Even that video interview we saw of NFL Network panelist.

We are all reacting to hearsay.