1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fell out of love with world cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by mattio14, Nov 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mattio14

mattio14 New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Chesterfield, England
    Englands 2018 bid seems to be dead, because fifa hate england and hate everything about the best league in the world. After thinking about this, i realised that the world cup is pretty boring, and id rather be watching the prem or lower league. Agreements between countries over votes for 2018 world cup just shows how much is wrong with the 'beautiful game'. I do love soccer, but the people who run the game are ruining it. Just as Ian Holloway said [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RdLGZ89uU&feature=related"]YouTube - Ian Holloway's outburst on Wayne Rooney[/ame] < if you didnt see the awesome interview

FIFA are ruining the game and theyre not doing anything to stop our world cups being ruined by pathetic, over paid ****s! Rant over

2. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    You're just saying this because you're English. LOL

Nice rant.

3. mattio14

mattio14 New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Chesterfield, England
    we made the game therefore we should be best at it, we should of done wht u did with grid iron and kept it to yourselves

4. Skull Destroyer

Skull Destroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Orlando
    The coca cola championship league(soda pop league) becoming the npower league is the worst thing to happen to soccer(football) since ronaldo's hair. Lower leagues>world cup all day:lol:

I love that halloway rant though. He has done will with blackpool so far.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well Mattio for me I like the world cup when Tommy Smith is callin' da thing, as it makes for a better game on the radio than on the TV.

I'm a bit indifferent towards futbol in general as imo it is kinda dull, but I will tune into the World Cup simply because the games matter more than they do in usual league play.

6. mattio14

mattio14 New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Chesterfield, England
    world cup was boring, more excitement in lower leagues, i would say that though cos chesterfield are top of league 2:up:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  7. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    I wouldn't say it's the best league..fastest and most physical yes but technically it's 4th maybe 5th best. We've no right saying we created we should be the best when over 60% (estimate as I'm sure it's higher) of the players aren't English. This past World Cup was disappointing for many reasons not just England's usual failure after the press had built everyone's hopes up.

emeraldfin likes this.
  8. Skull Destroyer

Skull Destroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Orlando
    you guys are crazy. I'm still feeling a little world cup withdrawal. Waking up and have multiple soccer games with the best teams in the world for a month straight doesn't even compare to the northern premier league.

finyank13 likes this.
  9. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    True. I'm just joking.

P.S. I follow more on soccer than football.