1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Film Room: Ryan Tannehill" by Cian Fahey

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brasfin, Nov 17, 2016.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    If stats give you anything about individual players the Browns will be a force to contend with in the upcoming years. They have the only money all stats guy running their personnel department.compare them to the patriots who have no use for statistical analysis in their evaluations. We'll see who does better. So far statistical analysis has said RGIII and draft picks are better then drafting Carson Wentz. We'll see how that plays out

resnor likes this.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    While no one will come out and say that there are no other elements beyond the QB they have no problem citing the QB rating as proof that Tannehill is average. By doing that they are either ignoring the existence of any other elements or are pretending that those other elements all average out to be the same.

resnor likes this.
  3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008

I worked as a scout. Stats are listed on every report you write. And I know for a fact that a large number of scouts use stats as the basis for their analysis and give film work no more than lip service.

dolfan22 and resnor like this.
  4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Well then you know a much different breed of scout than I know, thats for sure, every scout I ever met was a football junkie, and I've met and know a bunch of them, that is the prereq for being a scout, being a football junkie, they watch tape all the time, whether they're getting paid or not, many of them are driven to being scouts for video access for crying out loud, and that's no BS.

Scouts also attend as many games as possible, so they can see the players live.

I can't imagine any real scout basing their analysis on stats and not getting fired in the first meeting, because they don't ask you what the guys stats were, they have that in front of them, what they want from the scout is what he has SEEN, tendencies, flaws, strengths, composure, etc, and you're gonna come in there with numbers on a page? lol, no working scout does that, I can guarantee it.