1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fin-Omenal's 08 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Apr 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    ...I actually have thought long and hard about this and have changed my "board" a few times but Im sticking to this one.

#1- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State- Homer...moron, whatever you wanna call me this guy has a real chance to flat out be a monster in this league, I dont think he is as "unsafe" as some think. Has an incredible work ethic and has shown he can dominate top level players. I thought Jake Long was gonna be my pick but you cant ignore the depth of T in this draft.

#32- Devin thomas WR Michigan State- Style reminds me alot of Larry Fitzgerald, I think could eventually be a very fine WR although I was tempted to pick Hardy..I believe Thomas has more of an upside.

#57- Antoine Cason CB Arizona- A playmaker...we havent had one at CB since the Madison Surtain days, and this guy can flat out tackle, a player I would be very excited to have in a Fins uniform.

#64- Carl Nicks T Nebraska- Raw player with major upside?? Sounds like a Sparano special, his scouting report suggests all he really needs is coaching has ALL the physical tools.

#100- John Greco G Toledo- A pro's pro..blue collar intense football player, not to mention versatile..another guy I would love to see Sparano get his hands on.

#195- Martin Rucker TE Mizzou- A tight end who can and will fight for the ball in the air and not just stand there hoping to catch it, could even splt out into the slot...said to need alot of work on blocking, not a bad chance at this juncture.

#204- Kendall Langford DE Hampton- Yes we woold be lucky to have him fall here but here's for hoping..sounds like a mean talented machine..versatile enough to be involved in a rotation. Nice asset to have at this juncture.

#208- Sam Keller QB Nebraska- At this point a guy who can make all the throws and could maybe even show a flash or two....if he's there the real question is why not?

#245- Curtis Johnson LB Clark Atlanta- Could be a special team stud and a servicable backup, I like taking chances on D2 guys would probobly atleast make the team.

#253- David Roach S Texas Christian- It is said he can lay the wood, we havent had a guy who could smash someones head in for a long time!! A gym rat who could stick around.

Ofcourse many people will dispute my top 2 picks and maybe even more...but hey thats the fun of it.

2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    With the exception of Gholston, I love this draft.
    But if Gholston is the pick I might become a Jets fan........
    I can't see the #1 pick not being one of the Longs, preferable Chris.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thanks for that! i dont mind gholston at #1 really, Id be happy with either him, or either of the Long's. My question to you regarding this though, is one of the mock drafts that were linked here in a thread, i believe it was to one on nfl.com had devin thomas going in the top... i think it was at least 15. makes me curious to see you have him to us at 32. is the guy at nfl.com crazy? or is there a real chance he could go that late? possibly to us? I think it'd be awesome if he did!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Looks to me that a handfull of guy's could go as early as 11 all the way through round 2...this is definetively the most "interesting" WR draft I can remember.

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I don't see Thomas, Cason, or Nicks slipping that far. Rucker falling that far down the list is pushing it also IMO. It'd be great to see happen, but I am 99.9% our draft won't even get a sliver of a chance to look like that.

6. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border

You're probably right, but if it fell this way (minus the Gholston pick) it would be great.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

8. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO

9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

10. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think the nicks pick is in the rigtht area unless someone pulls a clarett type move
    nicks is falling due to his off the field issues but the guy has some serious talent

11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Only 252 picks in the draft. Rams have the last pick.

I like the mock but I rather have Kevin O'Connell than Sam Keller. and Langford in the late 6th probably wont happen.

Good mock though can't really complain. I wont mind having either Jake, Chris Long or Vernon.

12. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He was arrested for not leaving the party. Not all that serious.

13. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Not bal at all... i just saw a Curtis Johnson article the other day his motot never stops. if we draft Gholston i think we will draft a LT in the second rd.....

14. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Great Mock but I don't think its realistic.