1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fin-O's 2009 Dolphins Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    1st Round Larry English OLB Northen Illinois- A popular pick but for good reason, is a natural pass rusher who can get after the QB. A quick player who can be a Lamar Woodley for the Dolphins defense.

2nd Round Connor Barwin DE/OLB Cinncinatti- Yes I know we still need a good CB but Barwin brings a huge upside to the table as a sack master.

2nd Round Jarius Byrd CB Oregon- Big strong corner who is smart and makes plays, also IMO the best tackling CB in the draft that I have saw.

3rd Round Shonn Greene RB Iowa- He needs top be more of a worker off the field but on the field he is a monster rushing for 100 yards in every game he played last year.

4th Round Morgan Trent CB Michigan- A Passionate player who cares about the game. Strong kid who has the ability to play both corner and saftey.

5th Round Aaron Kelly WR Clemson- I know most of you wouldnt like us waiting this long for a WR but I think we are stocked with young talent and can afford to wait for a guy like Kelly to fall into our laps. His production dropped drastically with his QB who struggled all year, at 6'5 is a nice big target.

7th Round Marquez Branson TE Central Arkansas- Put up some good numbers with 737 yards recieving and 11 TD's.

7th Round Antonio Appleby ILB Virginia- A guy who is very familiar with the 3-4 defense could become a nice addition at this point.

7th Round Will Johnson DT Michigan- Very quick for such a big guy could become a 3-4 DE if the cards fall right.

2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    im really starting to lean toward larry english in round 1 as well. but i just cant picture us drafting OLB with our first 2 picks for a few reasons. we have Joey Porter who is pretty much going to play every down barring injury. Matt Roth who is good against the run. Cameron Wake who is possibly going to get spot duty. We would have to many OLBs to get playing time to them. id understand if we drafted one in round 1, then another in round 4.

drafting a RB in round 3 is to high for me. unless they have doubts about resigning Ronnie Brown and they might release Ricky for whatever reason, then i highly doubt we go RB that high. to draft a #3 RB(and possibly #4) in the top 3 rounds is not something i would want to do.

Morgan Trent sucks IMO. if we draft him in the 7th thats a different story cuz he seems to have talent. but no way i would be happy with him in the 4th.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Thanks for the feedback.

Roth is solid and I like him but I think drafting a potential upgrade is necessary. Wake is unproven and Porter's production could drop any minute. Worst case we have 4 or 5 very good pass rushers wich creates a ton of options in the 3-4.

I dont see the Ricky and Ronnie duo lasting past next year Ricky inpeticular.

Morgan Trent is a very fickle player but I think his determantation can win the FO over.

skippysphins likes this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    i definitely agree that there needs to be an upgrade over Roth, especially rushing the passer. however, i believe you taken care of that in round 1. Wake is unproven, and seeing his contract makes me believe they are going to give him a chance to prove he is an NFL player. i agree, at some point the replacement for Porter has to be in place, but im not sure thats that high of a priority this offseason. i mean, our first pick in round 2 would signal that as a very high priority, when we really have bigger needs IMO. Possible NT, ILB, CB, CB, CB, CB.

and the ricky ronnie thing might not last past next year, but like i said, if they resign Ronnie, you have a good playmaker backup in Cobbs. if they decide their not going to resign Ronnie, they should be able to find a starting caliber RB when that happens. RB is probably the easiest position to fill ine NFL(although we couldnt do it for years and years)

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No need to rehash, let just say Barwin would be a better pick at #25 then English IMO.

Shonn Green? We could probably snag Clemson's James Davis in the 4th.

And opinions are really mixed on Morgan Trent and Antonio Appleby.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Good job brother, But I think we only take 1 olb with our first three picks. While our 3rd pick could be a MLB I think we go WR fairly early. I can easily see two CB's being draft at the top of the draft as well

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Shonn Greene is a guy I'm on the fence about (and I'm an Iowa fan) because his work ethic worries me.

If he can commit to the game, I have no doubts that he will be a good running back in the NFL. However that commitment issue scares me.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Couldnt agree more, I just think that our regime can deal with these kid of guys coming out of college better than most.

If Sparano can get the most out of Greene he is a steal. Also i think we have to really look at RB since Ronnie could be elsewhere and Ricky is just Ricky. So why not a guy with superstar potential in the 3rd?

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The double up on OLB is interesting. Its interesting because Parcells tends to double-up on needs I believe. However, many consider Cornerback a bigger need at the moment and the first time Ireland was in charge of the draft, I could be wrong here but I think he selected Terrence Newman. I know that Parcells had to be persuaded to select Newman by Jerry Jones but I would think that Ireland had something to do with it as well. I still wouldn't count out Utah's Sean Smith, who I like mucho.

Shonn Greene worries me a lot. Didn't have the grades to get into Iowa so he went to prep school I believe for a year and then barely made it to Iowa. He's had terrible weight issues, ballooning up to 300 pounds at one point in the off season and then was on a strict diet that got him down to 259 and 235 by the regular season from what I know. I'd take Glenn Coffee over him or the aforementioned James Davis from Clemson.

Antonio Appleby is a guy that I absolutely dislike, lol. I don't blame you for putting him in the seventh because he has the physical attributes that you like but he's a poor football player IMO.

And I like the Aaron Kelly pick. He's been a good target for Clemson over the past few years. I believe he was hampered this past season with injuries but he's a solid player IMO.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Come on Alen, we both know we want Kevin Ogletree over Kelly.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't complain about either one. If we get Ogletree or Kelly, I'm fine with it. I'd like to get us a red zone target that isn't playing the tight end spot though.

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    When Griddles has doubts about an Iowa player, I think it's safe to pass. :up:

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  14. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    i have seen better mocks i would like to see us draft a wr earler then that

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    No you havent...this is the greatest mock you have ever had the privelage to feast your eyes on.:up:

padre31 likes this.
  16. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    dammit, i cant stop feasting!!! let me out of this thread!!!

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Servin them up for ya bro.:up: