1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Day of mincamp report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, May 3, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...9/05/dolphins-rookie-camp-wrap-final-day.html

A thorough article, pretty much everyone we've been talking about is mentioned.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

thanks for this padre

the 23rd and padre31 like this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It's Muck's doing anlgp, it was his idea.

Interesting stuff, I like Ellis the prospect but I pity him because they are going to ride him like a donkey until he is in the condition they want him to be in.

Interesting about Wake as well:

Interesting that the Big Tuna was drawing his own conclusion about Cam Wake, a full hour watching him, to me that means they were coming to a decision as normally attention from the Tuna means they may go in a different direction...but who knows? All the predraft visits meant next to nothing for 90% of the visitors, but that 10% meant everything.

So we now have to wait months to get a sense for where Wake is?

Great...:sad::wink2:

Sceeto and TiP54 like this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    'Nando's effort:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/05/dolphins-rookie-minicamp-is-complete-.html

Not terrible, not great, Clemmons probably showed more coverage ability then he was thought to posses as he was known as a hitter more then a coverage player.

Edgar Thompson's as well:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...s-clemons-finishes-rookie-camp-with-flourish/

2k5 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

From the sounds of it I want wait to see Clemons in pads.

If he grabbed two INTs out of pads I wonder what he can do in them.

Also: maybe we have found our S after Bell is gone?

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, the thing about Clemmons vis a vis Y Bell is last year was Bell's first full season in quite sometime, we needed quality back ups and he appears to be one.

Depth killed us last year, the lack of it left us in a lurch on the Oline, and we were fortunate not to have any injuries on the Defense.

7. DolfanDyl

DolfanDyl New Member

May 3, 2009
    SW FL
    I believe that with the core of our draft class this year we have a group of guys who should be in the aqua and orange for a long time to come... Sparano has tried not to comment on the guys too much to the media but from what I hear he is in love with Pat White.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    and now the long boring drought of the off season truly begins.

cnc66 likes this.
  9. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The only thing I hate about this report is that it doesn't saying anything about the players trying out, with the exception of Michael Hancock and the quarterback that we might sign.

10. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    nothing about turner or hartline

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Reading that first paragraph describing Wake and his long arms, I couldn't help but picture Corey Wootton of Northwestern. He's a 6'7" defensive end that moves pretty well and has abnormally long arms and is strong. He was expected to come out this year but tore up his knee. The most ironic thing is that some scouts/GM's have stated Wake is equivalent to a second round draft selection, which is where Wootton projects - borderline first, early second. Interesting stuff to say the least.

BrazForPhins likes this.
  12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What I found interesting is I must wonder what Parcell's scoping out Wake means vis a vis resigning Jason Taylor, I suspect if Tuna liked what he saw, there will be a "leak" in the Miami sports media that Tuna thinks highly of Cam Wake and JT won't be resigned as all three were really impressed with Cam Wake.

If not, the leak will be "all is well between Tuna and JT" and we resign him.

A guess of course, but to me Tuna doesn't waste his time watching players, he is there to make a decision.

Is Wooten out of football or is he coming back to Northwestern this season?

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, on Omar's blog, there is a bit of news about Turner, Omar believes he catches the ball like Chris Chambers did, elbows out, thumbs down, and that Turner has a problem reaching for passes.

He mentioned that in response to questions on his blog.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Well, I'm not sure what to make of it. I mean, look at last off-season. Parcells came down onto the field in mini camps/training camp and taught Derek Hagan how to catch the ball. Hagan didn't do squat and was cut. He also came down to watch Ricky Williams play I believe and taught him some things and now Ricky is an important part of the offense. The one thing that we as fans have stated about this management often is that they don't tip there hand and that's what makes them so unpredictable. Its one of those things that we have to monitor as the blogs come in daily for us.

Wotton is back. He'll be a top sixty-four selection next year IMO.

padre31 likes this.
  15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hagan did make the opening day roster though, so it's hard to predict what will come of it, Sparano did mention they had not watched all the film from players going through the drills.

And they are incredibly unpredictable, but they do tend to tip their hand, if that makes sense? For example, way back the idea was "this will not be the dowdy draft everyone expects, they will go offense more then people would think" then promptly acted contrary to that, but in the end, went with it.

Sparano mentioned the golden rule in conjunction with Louis Ellis, "movement" Sparano mentioned Wake had "fast twitch muscles" and that he was advanced as a player compared to the other guys in camp.

Ireland mentioned JT is a topic of several discussions around the office, it was reported that Tuna said "JT has diminished skills, but belongs in the NFL" but the kicker with that is, Sparano has never said word one either way concerning Jason Taylor.

After M Johnson slid back to the third round, I'm out of the prediction business...:lol:

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    However, he didn't last on the roster and that's what it comes down to for me. That's nice that he made the opening day roster but if he's cut later than all the stuff in the past doesn't matter.

True. When they had the first overall pick, they said they would take a defensive player, a "pillar of the defense" I may add and everyone had them believing because they go linebacker 50% of the time in the first round. In the end, we ended up with a massive, pro bowl offensive tackle named Jake Long.

When was the last time Sparano did say a word about Jason Taylor? When Jason was on the team and the whole DWTS came up, Sparano ignored it. Bill Parcells was in the middle of the argument, supposedly ignoring Jason at one point.

:lol:

Difference between the two is that Wootton actually wants to play. ;)

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Actually, last year Sparano was in constant contact with Jason Taylor, they sent texts back and forth and supposedly Sparano was fine with JT doing the DWTS tour after he won the contest.

alen1 likes this.
  18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Not sure how I missed that but I wasn't aware of it. Thanks.