1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally working again! Praise God!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by PhinsRock, Apr 21, 2011.

1. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

As most of you know I have been unemployed or "under-employed" for over three years, IRA's were dwindling, filed Chapter 13 last Sept., and had been generally rather despondent about our downward spiraling finances.

Sorry if this is too Christian faith based, but in January our Pastor offered to have the church provide us with $500/month financial aid. I was grateful but uncomfortable taking money from the Church, when I felt I should be GIVING not receiving.

So I did some serious prayer and realized (or God showed me, not sure which, likely the latter) we had allowed the adversary to mess with our finances by failing to properly tithe when I was making good money before being laid off, and had not been tithing on my wife's income because we felt we couldn't afford to tithe since we couldn't pay the bills.

What came into my heart was "you allowed the adversary to steal your job, now wake up and recognize you CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO TITHE!" So I sat down with the wife and we talked it over, and made a commitment to God that from that day (January 15th I think) forward, no mater what our situation or bills, we WILL tithe.

That week, we had our AC stop working (prior to the tithing commitment) and were looking at $1,250 to replace the compressor. But (after the tithing commitment) when the technician came out with the new compressor to put it in, he discovered the old one was really OK, the problem was another item that only cost us about $200. so we saved $1,051 that day, praise God!

Two days later I was called by Carmax in Boynton Beach and asked to come in to interview for a sales position. I went in on Jan 18th and was hired after 3 grueling interviews. They paid me $12/hour to train for a month, then once I passed the week 4 training test I went on the sales floor.

A bit scary since it is commission only, and I work lousy hours, 5 weekends in a row before getting one weekend off, and work till 9pm several nights/week. BUT, being faithful to His promise in Malachi 3:10, God has blessed me to sell a lot of cars (took 6 days to sell my first car, but have been rolling ever since).

I am now selling cars, with God getting the praise here, at a clip that I am earning a very good monthly commission, could be as high as $50K/year or even better if I improve!

We are still catching up on paying back-due bills and still a ways from being "flush" if you will, but God is providing, and I could not be happier.

I really enjoy (not the hours) working at Carmax, we have great used cars and the company treats us very well as employees. They were just named one of America's top 100 companies to work for by fortune Magazine for the 6th year in a row.

The cars are TOP quality, totally reconditioned so they look and feel, and work, like new cars. Our customers save a lot of money, and there is no haggling, no pressure put on customers. It is a great place to get a really good used car, and save a lot of money doing it.

So I am truly blessed these days and wanted to share these blessings with my thePhins.com family. God has been totally faithful and has me on track to be one of the top sales consultants at our store already. And I will NEVER fail to tithe again!

I want to thank you all for putting up with my grumpy demeanor these past few years of hard times, and as things continue to go well for me now financially, I hope to give back to the site as soon as we are caught up on our bills. We still face foreclosure, so have to save enough for movers and deposit on another house (rental), but we are living rent/mortgage-free for now until they do foreclose, and we are being told it could take them a year or even longer because of the backlog of 80,000+ foreclosures in Palm Beach County.

Just wanted to share my good news of God's blessings with all of you, I love every one of you as my family, this site and it's members are very important to me. God bless you all!

HolliFinFan and Ohiophinphan like this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    congrats man. Hope it all works out for you.

PhinsRock likes this.
  3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Thank you for your story and congratulations on finding a calling.

PhinsRock likes this.
  4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Thats great news man. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll be alright. Thanks for telling us. :up:

PhinsRock likes this.