1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finnegan seems like he's all business.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Apr 9, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He has a pretty good chance of returning to form..players who were great before have a better chance of being great again, if the age range is in reason...and it certainly is in this case.

2. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

MrClean likes this.
  3. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

I hope your right, but it makes you wonder why Fischer gave up on him. Especially after he played for Fischer when he was with the Titans. I realize that the Rams had a lot of money tied up in Finnegan if he had returned this season, but after a poor season last year, Fischer obviously didn't feel Finnegan was worth the money he signed for prior to the 2013 season.

According to reports, he seems to have lost a step or two and isn't anywhere near the player he was just a few years ago. You seem to suggest that if a player was great once, he can be great again. Personally I don't know of any CB's who reached the age of 30 and regressed as a player and was able to once again play great in the NFL. .

I think average CB play from Finnegan is the best Dolphin fans can hope for. Anything worse than average will be a bad omen overall for the defense.

4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    This is what I hope for. I just hope he is solid for us. If he is solid for one year then fine and hopefully contribute to the development of new guys.

5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't believe it's so black and white, the game is mental, confidence is crucial, players lose sight, lose confidence, get depressed, when playing injured don't feel good about the fact that they can't play at their highest level, thus shutting them down somewhat mentally, thus resulting in a loss of confidence..

Under the premise that. This particular physique is healthy, then I expect a return to form at about 90 to 95 %.

6. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I can live with 90-95% of his pro bowl play with the Titans. As I stated earlier, I hope you are right about Finnegan and I would be very happy if he only gives the Dolphins one year of solid CB play.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He signed with SL prior to 2012 season. He was 2 years into the contract.

Fisher, not Fischer. :)

The best we can hope for IMO is that Jamar Taylor lives up to his draft status, and takes the #2 corner job and Finnegan is the nickel back.

8. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    There have been a few. Charles Woodson went to the Pro Bowl his first 4 seasons and then had a stretch of just 7 INTs over 5 seasons before regaining his form and having a run of 37 INTs over 5 years from age 30-35. Pacman Jones arguably also had a renaissance around age 30.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm projecting a return to form because he's claiming that he's healthy and I don't believe at age 30 a corner loses enough step that he can't make up in experience and anticipation.

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    If we would of signed Woodson then drafted Tyronne Matthieu like I wanted to I think it would of paid off..

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Either that or Jamar takes the nickel for a year while finnegan and grimes form a very nice tandem..

77FinFan likes this.