1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finnegan wants return to Form.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If this dude can play near the level that made him all pro, were gonna have a shot at a great defense.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Finnegan-Letting-Play-on-Field-Define-Him-270051031.html

2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Really pulling for him. Didn't quite understand or like the signing the minute I heard about it, but after about an hour of reading up on him, I came away fully believing he'd be closer to the all-pro CB than the 2013 CB this year. I expect him and Delmas to really amp this secondary up...their character, charisma, leadership, and abilities are already showing.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait. When did Finnegan do p...

Oh. "Form".

"Form".

DPlus47 and PhinFan1968 like this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

though the title said Finfangirl for a sec.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    If he does pan out (I'm still a little cynical) but if he does, this defense will be REALLY good. might be good enough to carry us through that tough initial schedule while we wait for Pouncey to come back.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Post I would love to type at the end of this upcoming season.

"I was wrong. Finnegan was a great signing. Good job Hickey!"

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll say what I originally said when he was aquired, when you have a player that has reached a certain level of play, in this case it was a high level, then you take into account his youth and condition he keeps himself, in this case he's still in his prime and taking care of his body is a priority, then comes whether or not he has a clean bill of health, which he had, then comes the attitude and chip he wants to play with moving forward..which imo was very confident and remorseful.

He checks all the boxes at this point..

The only issues that you cannot predict is whether or not he's lost his edge as a football player, which one could argue happened when he signed his fat contract and the results that he produced on the field, which weren't very good...however, the mindset of a player is a roller coaster of emotions that all relates and dictates the confidence needed to play at this level...my take after thoroughly looking into as much info as I could was that he's the type of player that needs to be fully healthy to have the confidence needed to play his particular style of play, he wasn't, his confidence got shattered, and the results ensued, it's why before I went on the record saying it was a good signing I made sure I believed from the horses mouth that we were dealing with a 100 % healthy football player.

Bumrush likes this.
  8. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I never had a doubt Finnegan could return to form as a player. So, good for him. I'm just still skeptical about him as a person. I'm going to wait and see how he starts acting once he gets his mojo on the field back. The guy has a history of having no respect for anyone else. There's a code on the field, and this guy has a history of crossing the line. I have seen it from this guy over and over and over again.

So, before I trust him, I have to see it.

DPlus47 and dWreck like this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not yet, Deej, keep in mind Thill and co are running a new offense and going through the learning curve of it, making for easy plays to be had.

Heck if he is as good as Brandon Browner we could have the best Cb tandem in the Division, I'd like to see that happen until even a serious preseason game, like gm #3, it is a bit early to speculate as so far the Db's are feasting

10. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    [video=youtube;3zYmfz9wxdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYmfz9wxdc[/video]

Larry Little likes this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You never had a doubt that there was at least a .001% chance that Finnegan could return to form?

Way to take stance.

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Signing Finnegan was a pretty big surprise. I'd love to know who the real driving force behind the signing was. You could argue we didn't need to sign anyone with having drafted Taylor and Davis, so someone (Hickey or Coyle) had to be so enamored with Finnegan that they went out and paid him pretty well despite ok depth at the position. (And then we drafted Aikens!)

djphinfan likes this.
  13. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    He's a bit of a lottery ticket. A player with a history, both good and bad, at a position where the team definately had uncertainty after last season. If he works out, then awesome. If not, its a small cap hit to cut him next spring and move on. I liked the move in the spring and I like it now.