1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins interested in Bentley

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jackson, Jul 13, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    If we get Bentley does that mean Satele moves to LG? and Smiley moves to RG? I dunno about you but damn that would be a nice Olie if Bentley stays healthy.

2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    This has been talked about for a while now. Why hasn't he gone anywhere yet?

3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Bentley has gotta be one of the most intricate type of players to move. coming off a severe injury, but a former huge talent with an agent trying to find a huge pay-day. this could drag out for a looong while.

alen1 likes this.
  4. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I think a reason why nobody has signed him yet is because he's looking to be a starter, he's looking for decent money, he hasn't played in two years, he's coming off a really tough injury, and his last 40 time was pretty brutal.

I think you'll hear Miami in the rumor mill for any player that will be waived/released/put on the trade block from here until the end of the season. They're in rebuild mode and trying to field the best 53 men they can.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I heard that Bentley prefers to play guard. So, if you plug him in at RG it would be a decent oline.

If you plug him at center, and move Satele at G. It might work, it might not. There would be two variables there. If you leave Satele at C, and have Bentley play G, well that's one less variable to deal with.

6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Stick him in to the RG spot.
    We would have an actual oline

7. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    I wonder if we'll actually sign him.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I woudlnt mind if we signed him. Id like to leave Satele at center though and stick bentley in at guard.

9. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Only if we can call him LeChuck.

10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I totally agree FreeStyle. Plus, Bentley was a better G than C in the NFL in his days with the Saints. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing in Bently AND Sosa, though I'd prefer to take the risk on Bentley just because he's shown he can perform at a high level in the NFL. And I really like what it'd make our O-line depth chart look like:

LT Long
    LG Smiley
    C Satele
    RG Bentley
    RT Carey

Those would be my starting 5, and as for the backups - teams usually keep four, at least from what I've looked at. A swing T, two G's and a C or C/G combo. So you'd have:

G Murphy
    C McKinney
    G Thomas
    T Wilson - as of now, or Pedro Sosa, or McQuistan from Dallas if he's cut.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Who are we going to call Le BigMac then? McKinney???? :lol:

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Can we afford him? If so, and I'll leave that up to Jeff & Bill, then I say bring him in, put him at RG and we are in pretty decent shape on the OL. And I think I prefer LeCharlie.

13. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Hopefully he can bounce back from that 8 second 40 he ran weeks back. If not, he ain't playing guard for anyone this year.

14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    How can you say that?!!!! Our head coach is an offensive line expert!!! How can you not include him in the decision?

and, as much as I like LeChuck and LeCharlie. he is LeBuckeye.

15. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Has he even passed a physical yet for anyone?
    I would imagine if he does get picked up by anyone, it will be as a guard. That is what he wants to play.

16. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I don't think so. Not yet. Whatever he gets will be for playing time. I'd do a one or two year deal with lots of incentives.

17. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Because the question was related to $$$, Sparano is going to want the guy, I can assure you of that, the question was whether we can afford him. Going to have to take a pass on LeBuckeye though, yeeuch! :lol: