1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins limp into 2nd place in AFC EAST!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fins4Ever, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Fins4Ever

Fins4Ever Deep Threat

Nov 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Literally...ugly win. Good thing the Bucs are a BAD team. Should have never got to that point and that botched extra point was a major reason it did.

The Fins play to the level of their opponent and its frustrating. Good against good teams, bad against bad teams.

Either way, with the Jets losing, Miami is in 2nd place and now a Wild Card spot is in site for the first time this season.

Hopefully Ronnie is ok.

Push forward.

RickyNeverInhaled and opfinistic like this.
  2. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

Agreed.. I like what i saw out of Kory Sperry look out sparano

3. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i not sure about playing to the level of the opposition ... but the 2d half is just kicking our butts ....

now Henne will play in a conventional offense (if RB is out) .... so scrap the WC - as without RB, it just isn't that much of a threat. let Henne get into a flow with RW running, and let her rip .....

gunn34 likes this.
  4. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    what a miserable game helped by that horrible call on Clayton that resulted in a turnover and some horrible drops by the Bucs' receivers.

absolutely did not deserve to win that one. thanks Bucs!

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    ahhh. im just in too good of a mood from the Jests game, to be angry about this preposterous victory.

we got a very short week, and a tough game at Carolina. The entire organization needs to stop crapping the bed in the 2nd half. its an embarrassment.

now excuse me while i got drink the crocodile tears at jetnation.

firedan and Ozzy like this.
  6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I love Ronnie's impact on the offense but if Hilliard gets in I think he can do a bit.

Also now that we have what 2 RBs on the roster could Miami actually make a move for Larry Johnson? Could get interesting if Ronnie is out a while.

I hope Ronnie comes back for the Bills game (seems against the Panthers he's already out). Luckily in that the gameplan can win it.

This team seems to step up when needed and I think they can patch something together if Ronnie's out. Also if he's hurt again I don't know if the regime will resign him next year...they'll think he's to injury prone.

7. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    because he's done so much to make you think this?

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Our base offense looks pathetic period.

Sorry but I'm really not sold on Henne at all. He has the ability to make some big plays and clutch throws, but he is also very erratic.

9. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well I liked him in preseason and from what I seen I could see him doing things in a situational sense.

Of course I can ask the same...what's he done to make you think he can't?

It can only be answered on the field the rest is personal interpretation.

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    impossible to judge with our wr corp. they're just terrible. There's no sugar coating it.

11. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    But Henne is also a rookie (basically)...that's what they do. However I've thought he's been largely consistent in a good way. For a rookie I've been very impressed.

As for the base offense I agree it does look pretty bad but its still low on talent and a rookie QB is leading it. Give it until next year and I think it'll be a lot better. Of course this may all come down to what you think of Henne and I think he'll be our QB of the future so I like the future. :wink2:

12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Bess didn't make Henne throw the ball a foot over his head when he was wide open. Polite didn't make Henne throw an INT at his own 30 yard line.

No-one makes Henne make a lot of the mistakes he makes. Players have been open, there have been drops, but it hasn't been all on the receivers. Henne has no touch, you can't throw a rifle down the field every time. Especially high.

Obviously he is a rookie so there is no comparison, but you look at Peyton Manning. He would still be a top 5 QB with our receivers. A great QB makes everyone around him better. With the running game Henne has, and the protection he has gotten for the better half of his starts, he should be playing better. And I mean things he can control.

He underthrew Ginn when he had a step twice today. Just pointing out another issue.

resnor likes this.
  13. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I thought the playcalling left something to be desired today, on both sides. Especially on D, where we - for some very odd reason, decided to stop sending more than four after Freeman and he killed us.

That play w/ Henne's pick killed me. Run the ball, make the Bucs use their last timeout, and then give them the ball on the other side of their 40. Crazy!

Glad to see them pull it out, though. Much better than the alternative!

14. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well Peyton Manning also went 3-13 his first year. Henne already has 4 wins.

And no I am not saying Henne is better than Peyton Manning just saying that as a rookie even the greats are shaky. Its perfectly natural for a rookie to make mistakes...its going to happen. However I think Henne is playing well as a rookie given the supporting cast he's got.

gunn34 and DolfanTom like this.
  15. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    Henne has made many good plays and decisions, he's doing great out there despite a few awful things. he's learning. he clearly has the pocket poise and the ability to make any throw and has been money on third down

so let's be adults here and realize that Henne isn't a problem at all right now

PhinsFanWife, resnor and DolfanTom like this.
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    For the bad throws Henne has made, he had some amazing throws as well. Sh!t, he led us down the field, again, to win the game. And if it wasn't for our receivers dropping passes, he would have more game winning drives. Henne is our QB, and is a damn good one.

17. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Yeah, honestly, that pick was the first really stupid play he's made since he's been starting .... and he made up for it on the last drive. Was it stupid? Incredibly, but I've seen the greats throw picks like that too.

Henne needs help at WR, whether it's on the roster now or not. I gotta believe we can get more out of what we have, someway, somehow, and we'll have to if Ronnie is out much. What's up with this Sperry? Nice! Hopefully, that's not just a flash in the pan.

He's a rookie, right?

18. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    All in all how about us just celebrating that after an 0-3 start this team has crawled back to second place in division even after heart breaking losses.

4-2 in the last six (and one blown loss) so I'm pretty proud of this team after all this and you can't win every game pretty. :up:

PhinsFanWife, resnor and DolfanTom like this.
  19. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    First off, he's not a rookie. He's a second year pro, who started all four years at Michigan.

And I don't care who his receivers are, the throw he made which was intercepted and set up Tampa for their go-ahead score is simply inexcusable. That's the type of throw we've seen from the likes of Ray Lucas and AJ Feeley.

The coaching staff needs to let him know the importance of understanding the situation. A QB aware of the situation doesn't make that throw today, or call a 4th timeout on the final drive in NE.

Forgive me if I'm not ready to annoint Henne. I thought he was outplayed by Josh Freeman today, by a pretty wide margin.

20. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    yes, Freeman looks like the real deal. unfortunately his receivers are somehow worse than Henne's. incredible, really.

21. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    How would Freeman have done without Winslow? Just sayin.
    Posted via Mobile Device

DolfanTom likes this.
  22. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Only time will tell but Henne has done far more well than bad. The guy leads the team when they need it most even if he does make mistakes sometimes.

I think you give Henne a good sized #1 WR and things will really start to light up.

Also although Freeman looks good now we'll have to see how he does once teams get a good amount of tape on him...see Mark Sanchez.

I am impressed with Freeman though and wish him the best.

23. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    How about our bass ackwards inability to mount a decent return on that last kickoff? The Bucs KO from their 15 after the penalty ..... and we end up w/ the ball on the 16? Ginn!!!!!!! (well, he's part of it!)

24. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Are you serious? How would Henne have done without Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams all year? Or how about Peyton Manning without Dallas Clark?

I could play this game all day.

The fact is that Henne was outplayed by a kid starting his 2nd career NFL game, on a 1-8 team, no less.

25. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    What are you talking about? We still have Ricky in the backfield and Ricky's resume is a hell of a lot more longer than Ronnie's. And besides, if you were referring to the fact that now he have to run a conventional offense, i say great. The Wildcat, i feel, is slowing us down. Its one thing to run it in the redzone, but when we yank our rookie QB from the game on first down and for 2 downs, we dont move the ball using the Wildcat, we cant expect Henne to just come in on 3rd and long and make the throw every time.

DolfanTom likes this.
  26. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I say the played pretty equally myself but I still say Freeman simply hasn't gotten enough game tape on him yet to compare them equally.

Only time will tell.

27. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    our offense looked pathetic with him... :pity:

Califin likes this.
  28. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    ahh, dude had like three fumbles, held on to the ball forever... frankly, I don't think he played well at all.

29. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    he held onto the ball forever because their receivers never got open. that's a sad sign, considering our defense. when they finally DID get open in the 2nd half (like they always do against Miami), he made big passes, and they dropped them.

30. Henne's stats are pretty good for a second-year QB who keeps getting pulled from the field for the wild cat or for Pat White. In addition, it wouldn't hurt if he had a WR or two that could get open and catch the ball.

31. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    <shoulder shrug> They dropped a couple balls but it is not like our guys didn't drop some as well.

32. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    henne

give hime some more recievers to throw to

34. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    hope springs eternal

35. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Disagree with Henne being outplayed by Freeman.

PhinsFanWife and gunn34 like this.
  36. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Absolutely....this kid can throw and he's not hesitant to try and push it up the field. That new TE looks like he's already more of a red zone threat than anyone we had before we activated him off of the practice squad.

I thnk Henne made some good throws today in his 6th start. He gave the game away and then led a drive to take it back. I'm good with that, all things considered.

keypusher likes this.
  37. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    i'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

38. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    freeman fumbled. 4 times. get real.

39. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Dec 21, 2008
    he played great despite this. bad sign for Miami.

40. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    pennington is sorely missed