1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins: Parcells v. Taylor (You choose)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    link to rest of story
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_seasonticket/2008/04/fins-parcells-v.html

Parcells simply asked Taylor what he had left in the tank.

Parcells is a button-pusher, but there was no way that would work on Taylor. If Parcells had taken over three years ago, he and Taylor might have actually hit it off. But Taylor has endured too much frustration here, due to Parcells' predecessors. It's not Parcells' fault, but it's too late. This just isn't a good fit.

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I love it. Parcells knows how to light a fire under people and that either does or it makes Taylor retire, none of this half-hearted stuff, make a decision.

As far as those two having a conversation? Parcells is not the head coach or even the GM, so other than giving Sparano and Ireland help with the overall picture I do not see him micro-managing.

For full disclosure I have to say I have not been a fan of Jason Taylor's since the team played vs the Titans during the Fiedler years. If the Dolphins trade or if he retires it would not bother me at all.