1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins to head home after game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Dolphins are going to have plenty of frequent flier miles and hotel nights over the next month, so they’re grateful to be able to go home soon.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are returning to South Florida after their Irma-inspired bye week to practice following this week’s trip to play the Chargers in Los Angeles.

They had discussed spending next week at a resort in West Virginia, but apparently the conditions at their facility are going to be sufficiently ready to get some work in.

They’re practicing in Oxnard this week in preparations for Sunday’s game against the Chargers, then play the Jets on the road before going to London the following week to play the Saints, so they’re doubtless grateful for the chance to be in familiar surroundings.

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I feel this is a HUGE mistake! The Dolphins are sending a message..."the Jets are an easy win." If I were a Jet, that's the message I would take from this...they don't think we're much of a threat that they're going back to South Florida before flying in here to play us.

I truly think the Dolphins need to go straight to New York Sunday night following the game and start practice on Tuesday, getting ready for the Jets. I've made no secret my concern about the jet lag the Dolphins are going to endure on this stretch of the schedule. Adding an additional flight is just foolish in my opinion.

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Jets ARE an easy win. They are terrible. Don't gimme any of that "any given Sunday" crap. And jet lag? New York and Miami are in the same time zone!!!

4. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I agree. The Jests should be an easy win. The Jests are more dysfuntional than my dating habits. If we lose to them, Gase has a lot more work to do than I thought he did. No way we lose. NO WAY!

resnor and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I expect many players, coaches, etc want to get home to help the community, and also reconnect with their own friends and check their property etc.

dolphin25 likes this.
  6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    You would expect the team to essentially spend about a month on the road, between leaving South Florida for the Hurricane, traveling to California, then to NY, then to London? The reality of the situation sucks and will be hard, but I think that your plan is much more difficult, man.

7. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    exactly!

Bpk likes this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I couldn't disagree more. At some point there is a work-life balance. These players probably want to go home to assess the damage and chaos of where they live.

9. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    In my experience the Jet lag is going from East Cost to West Coast. For me anyway. Going from the West to the East, you can stay up "late" easier.

10. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    This. Has nothing with sending a message that the Jets are an easy win.