1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire and Brimstone, Cretaceous Style

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by unluckyluciano, May 2, 2008.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    So we are up to asteroids, volcanoes and now burning fossil fuels. I guess when it's your time to go.......... :hi5:
    If thats too much to quote mods I apologize, thought that was one of the more interesting parts.

link to story

Celtkin likes this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    gives the people who believed that there was an advanced civilization that was wipped out a little more fuel to their fire

3. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    hmmm had not really thought about that......

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I listened to a few of those last week. They do have an arguement and a lot of things in the Bible 'can' be used to back them up, from the flood of Noah to the Tower of Babel. There are a lot of fables about ancient advanced civilizations that had magic that were wipped out.

Not saying it is true or not. I do find it interesting.

5. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I think I know what you are referring to, the fables that most believe point to atlantis. I actually read in a book that they think Thera is the source of the atlantis fables. Of course thera would be more realistic then any other source I think.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It is a fun thing to read about. The scary part is the fact that there are a few things that can theoritcally happen that could nearly whip us off the map and leave practically no trace.

I know there is a small chance of something happening, but I never thought of the crust having a sudden shift that causes the entire thing to just move decently quickly and world wide earth quakes. Nothing has been proven, but theoretically possible. 2012 is coming up, the earth is about to complete its wable. What if the crust keeps on going right when the earth moves to the left?

unluckyluciano likes this.
  7. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 Member

Jan 3, 2008
    AZ
    Kinda blows holes in the term "fossil fuel" ey?

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    not at all. There were a few exctinctions before the exctinctions of that period