1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firing the spark?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    From PFT:

The Vikings lost to the Seahawks 21-7 on Monday night and fired offensive coordinator John DeFilippo on Tuesday after 13 games of frustrations on the offensive side of the ball.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio Tuesday, Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph said that he feels “terrible” that he and the rest of the offensive players didn’t do enough for DeFilippo to keep his job. While he felt bad, Rudolph also acknowledged the need to shake things up on a unit that has underwhelmed this year.

“I wish we could have done better,” Rudolph said. “With that being said, they felt like it was time to make a change and something has to spark this offense in the last three weeks. If the season ended yesterday, we’d be in the playoffs so we control our own destiny. The bottom line is we do have to change on offense so we gotta go out and score some more points.”

Kevin Stefanski is moving from quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator and he was on the staff for Minnesota’s run to the NFC title game last year. Perhaps turning back the clock will get the spark Rudolph and the Vikings need to get back to the postseason this year.

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Here's the thing though- how much can they really change in a few practices? I think we whoop the heck out of them!

texanphinatic likes this.
  3. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Lots.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Crap..

This sucks but I’m Gonna hope that my Case Keenum theory is in affect on that team

5. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Mike McCarthy fired, Joe Philbin moves up as interim head coach and they win.

This concerns me...as if I wasn't already concerned enough.

KeyFin and texanphinatic like this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The short week definitely helps us with this. That said, the impact can be significant. The Cardinals, while still **** overall, immediately looked much better after Leftwich took over for instance. It may also make it harder for our already shaky defense to gameplan and study. If this new guy had a few wrinkles that the old one didn't it could cause issues.

It's another twist to a game full of them. I'm not sure if it makes us more or less likely to win - this is going to be one interesting game!

KeyFin likes this.
  7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yep, another good example.