1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Battlefield 3 X360 footage

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not a huge fan of conquest. Some of the maps are awful (the desert map) and some are just impossible without vehicles. Of course, everyone on the team just takes whichever vehicle right at the start and sometimes you have no choice but to walk.

Loving team DM though.

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Was playing the campaign last night. Got to the end of Kasparov stage (or whatever it's called :wink2:) where you battle thru the house/compound and didn't make it to the chopper in time, so it starts me off in a spot where I can't advance. The game is bugged. Going to have to start the entire stage again. Not to mention I had a bad guy jump thru the wall yesterday at me. :lol: scared the **** outta me... Have to say the tank stage is impressive... especially the sound.

3. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA

I love the game. Awesome graphics and sound.

I have a Core i7 OCed to 3.8ghz, ATI Radeon 5850. Runs pretty smooth on Ultra.

My biggest beef: Hopefully they fix the god damn issues with Joystick binding. I don't like having to pitch up a plane by pushing the joystick forward. The rudder control is inverted as well.

4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I don't know man. Larger maps it kicks ***, but most maps are just full of bottlenecks with snipers and rpgs. I am dissapointed. Can't wait for the Kharkand expansion pack to be released. Hopefully they didn't scale those maps down too.

Really takes away from the original BF2 experience. I'm gonna upgrade my vid card to a GTX 560 or 570 and I will be ok. Can't play and enjoy the game all choppy and shhh, especially in Metro, Cerise Crossing, and that tunnel map with 64 players in one area, cpu can't handle it.

5. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Definitely not much of a fan of the smaller maps either. Wish they would stick to pleasing Battlefield fans and not trying to cater to COD fans.

Epic moment. Shot a stinger at a jet just as an enemy helicopter was coming from behind. Hit that instead on the way up, got like 4 kills instantly lol. Also yesterday, disabled a jet with a stinger, a few minutes later seen vehicle destroyed with 4 kills wondering wtf just happened. And then, on some water map on Rush, seen some dude camping on some big *** building all the way across the map. BOOM headshot. One of the most satisfying sniper shots in any game I've ever played.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I disagree. There are definitely a good amount of urban maps with choke points, but there are plenty of wide-open maps as well. You can always just play Caspian Border until Karkand is out if you feel that strongly about it.

Personally, I wish ranking up went faster. I've spent most of the day playing and I've only gained two ranks. Also wish there was a way to choose what equipment you get. I want to use a SCAR-H instead of an M16A3.

7. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    The one (somewhat) dissappointment with this game is that it lacks the epic music Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 has. Obviously gameplay, graphics, sounds is far more important but yeah.....
    [video=youtube;ZzSEIQT9QZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzSEIQT9QZk[/video]
    [video=youtube;Tb8PQXPOkCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8PQXPOkCc[/video]

Stuff like this is why this series is special to me and will hold a special place in my heart.

8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    So what's everyone's class of choice? Been using the support and engineer classes the most. LMGs with a bipod are damn good.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I stick with assault most of the time. Sometimes I'll go with engineer if someone needs a rocket to the face. I should probably try out support more often.

10. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, I guess first impressions don't last forever. The more I play, and the more I learn the maps, I've become a fan of most of them. The only ones I can't really stand are Op. Metro, Serise Crossing, and the tunnel one.

The rest are nice, and I still can't wait for Karkhand and others from BF2. Imagine Wake Island in DX11?

If you wan't to rank quicker, I do suggest rush mode or conquest, where you can get a lot more points with team goals.

11. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I'm using almost strictly assault at the moment, but I do plan on playing support until i unlock the damn cheap mortars (I only plan on using it on Serise X-ing) once my M416 is maxed out.

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Métro is one of my favorites, as is Seine Crossing. (The Seine is a river in Paris. :lol:) Damavand is a camper's paradise, as is Firestorm. I don't like Caspian Border, as it's too easy to succumb to cheap kills.

I play a decent amount of conquest. It's annoying at times because of campers.

13. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, I like the larger maps, the campers/snipers are a part of them. I guess it comes down to everyone's individual preferences. I like the larger scale battles with open space. More options from an attack standpoint, as opposed to being forced into bottlenecks that are spammed with mortars. I play with a group online on teamspeak so when we get a good group on the larger maps are nice and much easier to cooridnate from a teamwork perspective, as opposed to all being in the middle of chaos in SEINE Crossing.

For the close quarters, I'll buy COD, they do it much better, and I do plan on buying MW3. My first COD purchase since COD:United Offensive.

14. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    That's one of the main reasons I'm playing support. Those mortars are ****ing ridiculous.

15. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    You do realize what Origin is supposed to do, don't you? I wouldn't touch the PC version of Battlefield (or any other current EA game) with a ten foot pole.

16. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Probably the main reason I bought it on the 360. Not only is Origin a complete hassle to use, it's nothing more than spyware.

17. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I play as the assault class and my weapon of choice is the M16A4. I've unlocked every rifle for the class except the two you have to unlock though through Co op. I also unlocked the UMP.

Since I have every scope for the M16, I am hesitant to go back to iron sights on the unlocked weapons. Are any of them worth it? I am so used to the IRNV.

-Ed-
    sent from my mobile device

18. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Yeah I know about Origins...but hey...what can I do.

Just came across this which adds some humor justification to my decision. Even though I play on Med resolution. LOL.

[video=youtube;AGbo50Ar420]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420[/video]

19. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Damn, I had little desire to get BF3 anytime soon since I wasn't that interested in MP (partly because I suck with KB/M), but those graphics look sooooooo awesome. And I hear people with 2GB 6950s and 6970s can run at 1920x1080 with most everything maxed out and still get solid FPS.

20. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I don't know too much about Radeons but if they are comparable to the NVidia GTX 560 and 570s, then yeah, but solid FPS but not amazing.

21. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Getting 40fps is still likely as good as most games on a console (what I'm used to using), so I don't think I'd mind.

22. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Your PC will handle BF3 just fine.

23. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA

Just got a GTX 570 to replace my Radeon 5850, and it is awesome. BF3 auto-detects my video settings to Ultra. Things run nice and smooth.

24. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Nice!! Was thinking about the 570, but too expensive for my dual core PCE-E 1.0 mobo, so I went with the 560 for a cheap $250 and I run on medium, which is still very nice. I may decide to overclock my 560 though to see if I can get at least the textures to high.

25. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Cool. I OCed my video card to 800/1600. That is probably as far as I will go. The amount of FPS from anymore is probably insignificant.

I finally got my computer to OC to 4.01 ghz and remain stable on Prime95 for 9 hours. I been trying for a long time, and finally a BIOS update helped.
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2078171

26. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Sweet rig bro. Enjoy. I'm impressed with Med textures. Can't imagine playing on high or ultra.

27. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Here is a nice trailer for the Strike At Karkhand expansion. I can't wait.

[video=youtube;TyN_Zjw4l-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s[/video]

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So I played as Engineer for a while and unlocked the SCAR-H and the tactical light. I tried it out for a couple of rounds and thought to myself, "Oh. That's why I'm dying so much."

29. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Im so close to the SCAR. It's that good huh?

30. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    + Good damage rate
    + Accessories unlock quickly
    + Makes the Engineer a match for the Assault class
    - Low clip size
    - Above average recoil

I wouldn't use the SCAR-H in a situation where you're going to engage at distance. But in close quarters it's a great option. The G36C may be better, but I'm nowhere near unlocking it.

Tone_E likes this.
  31. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    MYTH BUSTERS: BF3 EDITION

[video=youtube;hqSKAmFFuOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hqSKAmFFuOI[/video]

BicketyBam likes this.
  32. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I unlocked everything for the Assault class and strictly use the M16A4. I use the 3 round burst, the INRV scope, and sometimes the underslung rail when I decide to carry the M320 grenade launcher instead of health packs.

After getting frustrated with the inability to destroy vehicles, I switched to Engineer and unlocked every gun. The SCAR is the weapon for me in that glass. Maybe if I stick with the G36C so I can get the INRV scope, I will switch to that. The biggest drawback on the SCAR is the small magazine. I fire in bursts on full auto and recoil is manageable. It does lack on distance, but I have my fair share of medium to long range kills. I have a few service stars for it.

33. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I just got the SCAR, and thank the heavens the first unlock was a red dot. I couldn't handle those damn iron sights. I am working on getting the Javlin (then moving to another class to finish up - midway through both Assault and Support), so I can see myself using the SCAR. Limited mag is a drawback, but it seems to dish a good amount of damage. Can't wait for the holo sight.

34. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I forgot to mention that it has one of the worst iron sight of all the weapons.

Javelin is a little borked right now. It missed more often than not, even on laser designated targets. One tip: When you lock onto a tank (without a laser designation), aim up real quick before you fire. This way the missile will come down on it instead of hitting the side, which does next to nothing in damage. But they still need to fix it. In real like, a javelin will take out a tank in one hit. I've put 3 in a tank and had it drive away. Most of the time I use RPG's instead of the Javelin. At least you can use those as a noob tube in a pinch!

Tone_E likes this.
  35. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks man. Knew of the tip to aim up, just like BC2. I once found a video showing charted damages to all areas of tanks - where they were weakest, strongest, etc.

Looking for it again, I found this google document showing damages for guns, AT weapons, suppressed bullets, etc. Just hit the links at the very top to change from one to the other.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0

It seems that the SCAR is more powerful than all other engineer weapons.

Otherwise, there isn't much difference at all, so aside from the heavier hitting guns (ENG - SCAR, SUPP - M260, PKP, *** - G3, etc), and fact that spread and deviation stats are missing (very important though), it seems the highest rate of fire weapons are best bet for now.

36. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    There is a russian variant of the AK that just pumps out the bullets. I forget what it is called. I need to go back to that weapon and unlock some scopes. I have everything unlocked for the M16 so it is real hard for me to go back and use the other weapons that have just iron sights. I'm going to have to though as the M16 seems a tad under powered.

Thanks for the link!

-Ed-

37. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I think you are referring to the AEK.

38. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    That's the one. I got up to the ACOG and went back to the M16.

The other assault rifle I want to work with is the AN-94, but the iron sight if abysmal. It's going to be tough for me to rank that gun up.

-Ed-

39. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    M39 EMR with holo is beast.

40. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [video=youtube;A7Pfod4zrtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Pfod4zrtE[/video]