1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Battlefield 3 X360 footage

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Here is the full list of specializations;

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-specializations-list/

2. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    One thing I really like is the fact that they are bringing back in the commander supply crate drop while incorporating limited ammo for vehicles like in BF2.

I remember seeing those supply crates as saviors many times, and they added a whole new dimension to the game. Hopefully it is the same for Jets and Choppers, where they have to fly over the runway or hover over the heli pad to rearm like in, again, BF2.

I will forever miss being a spec op in BF2 and going to opposite base to C4 their assets like their scanner and artillery. Good times.

Now if only BF4 will give us zip lines and grappling hooks like in BF2:SF.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This would go a very long way toward balancing vehicles, especially helicopters.

4. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Agreed, although I don't find them terribly unbalanced as is.

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I do. A single helicopter can control the entire map, especially on the original Conquest maps. And on Conquest Assault, a single tank can lock down the spawn area until the rest of the team moves up and eliminates the spawn.

6. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Even a good pilot can be shot down with stingers. Ever since the nerf of stingers people don't use them anymore, but I do, and they are still effective. If anything, it makes the good pilots bail more so than the less skilled pilots because they know to get out of the area when their countermeasures are used and they have lock or a missile on the way. Tanks can are easily taken out with the popularity of the engineer class, especially close to a spawn. I play conquest so there is usually other spawns that can be used anyway. Maybe it is different in rush mode. I agree to a certain extent, but not completely.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I haven't seen Stingers, let alone the kind of coordinated Stinger use needed to defeat flares, in almost a year.

8. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Hop on with me next time. Two man stinger crew is dangerous if coordinated and not shooting at the same time.

Wait for chopper to get in close. The millisecond you get lock you shoot the stinger. Im tapping the trigger button waiting for lock. Chopper flares. Still in range for second stinger (usually). By the time stinger is reloaded, chopper is far from flares and or flares dropped to ground. Lock and shoot. Enjoy the disable or multikill.

ECM's are a little more tricky, but most pilots use the ECM when locked before a missile is fired, creating the same effect as above except you don't waste a stinger. It takes a while to get lock after the ECM, but it is possible but limits the odds that the chopper is in range. The ECM reloads quicker than flares too, so sometimes even if you wait for lock after the ECM, by the time your stinger gets to the chopper after new lock, they ECM again because the good pilots fly away from you while doing so.

A lot of the times other people are forcing the choppers to use their countermeasures, whether they are AA vehicles or other stingers, and all you do is wait for the tone and easy hit.

In either case, you are killing their effectiveness. Whether you hit them or not, they are forced to become defensive and or retreat and therefore not attacking your team or objectives. Find an ammo pack in between, kill a few dudes with your ACW-R, and wait for them to come back.

EDIT. I am effective as a lone wolf stinger. You don't need two people to kill or be a thorn in the choppers' side.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I don't dispute any of this. It's just tough to do on a pub. Most chopper pilots are dumb or risky and will ignore tone because one Stinger will not take them down. If they're smart, they have an onboard Engineer repairing, so the Stinger does nothing to them.

10. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I'm not worried about the little birds dominating a flag. They do have engies repairing them, but the pilot still flies away anyway. You are guaranteed a disable, so if they don't have an engineer, they will explode soon and you get the vehicle destroy and kills anyway. Attack choppers don't have the ability to repair themselves (I play hardcore, so they have to land to manually repair, none of this after x amount of time the chopper begins to repair itself bs) so you get the disable or kill.

Either way, they have to disengage. That was the whole point of our conversation. Whether you get the kill or not, they cannot dominate a flag area with stingers around. If they are, then no one on your team is adapting to the situation and letting it happen.

11. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    This^^^...Disruption works. Even if i don't have any stingers left i will still hit em with a lock-on just to get their attention and get them to scramble. If they're running away or trying to avoid a hit they cannot help their team.

Tone_E likes this.
  12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The disparity between experiences is now obvious to me: you're playing hardcore. I'm playing normal.

Tone_E likes this.
  13. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Only one way to play IMO.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    #YOLO? :shifty:

15. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    LOL. Nah, that is original Ghost Recon 1 and COD:United Offensive-Search and Destroy. lol

#YOLO-NR (you only live once - no respawn) :p

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    #YOLO420BLAZIT, in other words. :lol:

It's going to be interesting to see how quickly the BF3 community trails off when BF4 is released. Is there anyone who will cling to BF3 the way some have clung to BFBC2? I can't imagine that happening. Too many fundamental quirks in BF3 (netcode, three guns to rule them all, etc).

17. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I think the BF3 community will fall quick. I think BF2 will be the only game to hold a big community like CS 1.6.

If your PC can run BF3, it can probably run BF4. Can't really say the same about BC2 and BF2.

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    BF4 apparently has some optimizations but also requires slightly higher specs to take advantage of those optimizations. Performance should even out.

Windows 8.1 and DirectX 11.2 will apparently benefit from some CPU optimizations. Should be interesting to see.

19. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Will I need Windows 8 to get the latest DirectX?

20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Windows 8.1.