1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Game Advice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by minckle, Aug 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. minckle

minckle New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hi all
    Im visiting Miami for a week in October with some friends and booked some tickets for the Patriots game.

Seat location: section 420, row 26, seats 11-13

I've had a look and they dont look great seats but Im sure we'll have a good laugh where ever we sit.

This is my first American football game we've been to, Is there any advice you could give me before I come ??

How long does a game last in real time ?? I know theres 60 mins on the clock but if fthe game starts at 8.30pm when is it likey to finish

Whats the best way of getting to the stadium ?? trains, buses, car

Whats public transport like in gerenal in Miami ??

How long before the game should I arrive ??

cheers for any advice you can give

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Good to hear you'll be taking your talents to South Florida!

A game starting 8:30 would end very close to 10:00.

Don't bring sunscreen... it's a night game.

You can get on NW 27th Ave and just ride the bus north to 199th St to the stadium. The public transport here is meh, only ridden the bus and metro rail once combined here (so maybe not the best judge of the public transportation)

3. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I love the freedom of having a car. But expect to pay atleast 20 dollars to park. I would get to the a hour or 5 before the game starts. I love to tailgate and think thats 1 of the greatest parts of going to a game. General fan base for Miami are usually very classy people, on the other hand you might wanna steer away from Patsie fans. They are known to be very rude and obnoxious. I think they even have STD's that are airborn, so stay far away.

dolfan7171 and Phinatic425 like this.
  4. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Sorry, but a game starting at 8:30 is not going to end until at least 11:30. Transportation depends on where your coming from. I would get there at least an hour before gametime. Pray for a win and enjoy!

5. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    That's in the heart of the visitors section. You'll learn to hate Pats fans.

Should be done by 11:30-12:00.

Car

****ty, in W. Dade County, where the stadium is.

Gates open at around 4, so I'd be there by 4:05 to start tailgating.

Other advice? Eat before entering the stadium, crazy expensive, but the salmonella is free, so that's a plus. Beers are 8-12 bucks, so drink up in the parking lot.

6. overseas

overseas 25th Fin-Fan anniversary

Dec 16, 2007
    Kiel, Germany
    Welcome on phins.com,

If the game starts @ 8.30pm it will end anywhere between 11pm and midnight. The Monday nighter against the jets ended around 11.30pm.
    First advice would be to arrive early at the stadium like 2 or 3 hours before the game for tailgaiting and all the activities around the stadium. You will meet tons of friendly dolfans and have a lot of fun.
    Public transportation? Forget about it, it is a nightmare, although coming by car has it disadvantages too: parking costs 25$ and you can be stuck in parking lot up to an hour after the game.
    Where you from? Your question about public transportation made me guess you could be german...:yes:
    Be aware that the prices for food and beverages on the concessions are somewhat expensive, so if you get to the stadium starving it could be costly...
    Your seats arenĀ“t too bad. You will have a good view on the field.

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    overseas, german or just stranded in kiel ? :lol:

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    scream your *** off from start to finish...stand up and make noise when were on defense....and don't let anyone tell you to sit down..

jupiterfin likes this.
  9. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida

If I could, I'd thank you a thousand times for saying that. It's my biggest pet-peeve when at the game, if you want to sit down, go to the bar and watch it there.

10. minckle

minckle New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks for the advice,
    Im English by the way, and looking forward to a great night watching the dolphins cruise to victory

phinnhedd likes this.
  11. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Check THIS out!!

You can see ur seats in 3d. Just enter your section/row info at the bottom.

You may want to bring some low powered binoculars m8.

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Welcome to thePhins.com, we are glad to have you, greetings from across the Pond. We have a few English gents who [post regularly here, including one of our top football gurus who goes by Boomer. Guy gets better intel on Miami Dolphins from London than most others get locally, and he knows his stuff!

Enjoy the game, try to eat outside the stadium and save on food. We don't have anything comparable to the Underground in London, so good luck with that, a bus is likely the best option. Depending on how far from the stadium you're staying a taxi might even be worth considering.

Hope you visit the site often, we love our Brit friends here, take your shoes off, enjoy the site. Best people you'll find on Dolphin fan sites are all here.

FanMarino and siciliansith like this.