1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Half

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NolePhin, Dec 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    I know I am not the only person to feel this way. The Dolphins came out in the first half playing like they didn't care. It seems like they felt the season was over anyway, and winning today didn't make a difference.

They just had no fire or intensity until the second half. The announcers were talking about the Texans not being able to put together 2 halves this season, well it looks like the Dolphins have this same problem.

No one player lost this game, this was just a culmination of the entire team imo.

Blaming this loss on the refs is a BS cop out. Its so easy to use the refs as a scapegoat.

The G Man and xphinfanx like this.
  2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Well, even playing like crap for the first half, we had a chance until the refs yanked that rug out from under us.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Phinvader Bill likes this.
  3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They need to put together four quarters of good football. That's been the story all season, it's a miracle they have a chance to be .500 this season honestly. They probably won't beat the Steelers though.

jetssuck likes this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Are you referring to the Ginn TD that was called back for a 10 yd loss?
    (Because a back threw his back and shoulder into a defensive line man coming at the QB thus called tripping.) I thought it was legal block but who knows.

Or when Houstons receiver caught the ball turned and ran to be nailed losing the ball but recovered by Miami (only to be called back.)

I was watching on a stream so it was'nt the best picture but those two seemed bad to me.I thought both were game killers.

5. Miami_Dolfan

Miami_Dolfan Member

Dec 27, 2009
    dolphins played like the giants today

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009

I agree. That first half was an embarrassment. Pathetic display of football by The Dolphins. And, I feel that is a direct reflection on the coaching staff (although, as pros, the players are not without blame/responsibility). They showed the level they can play at in the second half. Where was that in the first half?

On a side note, WTF were all the fans? I can't remember the last time I have seen a half empty stadium for a late season game where playoff aspirations were within reach. Makes you wonder if the lack of electricity in the stadium carried over to the football field.

7. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Funniest part is when they show Mark Anthony and J-Lo. They start cheering when they see they're on camera. I doubt they really care about the Dolphins beyond the fact if they are getting a return on their investment.