First PS5 Tech Demo

5 replies

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13SupporterOP
May 13, 2020, 05:35 PM

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/ps5_unreal_engine_5_gameplay_demo_finally_shows_us_what_next-gen_games_look_like

This is a really cool tech demo that shows how games on the PS5 will be able to look from the start. Its very impressive, and to my eye, seems a step above the very best graphics on the PS4. Everything beyond the human character is basically photorealistic, and the character for being in game and controlled by a person (not pre rendered) is extremely high end. The lighting is magnificent, and thats supposed to be a key improvement on the new generation.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 13, 2020, 05:45 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/ps5_unreal_engine_5_gameplay_demo_finally_shows_us_what_next-gen_games_look_like

This is a really cool tech demo that shows how games on the PS5 will be able to look from the start. Its very impressive, and to my eye, seems a step above the very best graphics on the PS4. Everything beyond the human character is basically photorealistic, and the character for being in game and controlled by a person (not pre rendered) is extremely high end. The lighting is magnificent, and thats supposed to be a key improvement on the new generation.

I am most impressed by the time she touched the door. If they can get touching done in a way it looks like it is real, then I will be happy.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 22, 2020, 12:11 PM

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-cross-buy-most-devs-publ-to-offer-free-upgrade-to-ps5-says-insider/

Rumors are going around the last few days about free cross-gen upgrades. Details are yet unknown, but its being speculated that most publishers are going to allow users to download a free copy of a title on their PS5 if they already purchased the same one for their PS4.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 29, 2020, 11:17 AM

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-reveal-officially-confirmed-for-june-4/

https://gamerant.com/ps5-game-reveal-event-june-4/

PS5 reveal officially coming on June 4.

Sony has officially confirmed that it will hold an online event next week focused on unveiling new PlayStation 5 games. According to Sony, the event will focus entirely on PS5 games planned to launch holiday 2020. Expect over an hour awesome announcements and first looks. PlayStation fans can tune in online starting at 1:00 pm PT on June 4.

The announcement of Sony's "The Future of Gaming" PS5 event was made via social media and the official PlayStation Blog. In a blog post, Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan made his pitch to PlayStation fans. "The games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe," is Ryan's promise. He says that the PS5 event will feature games from studios large and small, new and old, that all showcase "the potential of the hardware."

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jun 18, 2020, 09:14 PM

That was impressive!

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jul 15, 2020, 08:58 PM

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-sony-reportedly-increasing-production-to-10-million-consoles-in-2020

Sony is now hoping to produce 10m PS5 consoles by the end of the year. They had previously planned on making half that many by next Spring.