1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First-round pick Mathews signs five-year deal with Chargers

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Topdawg13, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

padre31 likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    15 million upfront, that was the Dolphins pick and by trading back, and taking Odrick for 7.1 guaranteed, Irish "saved" the phins 7.9 million bucks.

So far the savings have been

trade back from #12 7.9 million
    release Ayodele, Porter, Torbor 10 million
    release Gibril Wilson 3 million
    Ferg retires unknown
    Ginn traded 800k

So Irish created 21 million in cash savings this offseason, possibly more with the Smiley trade and Jason Taylor leaving for NYJ.

Signed:

Brandon Marshall
    Karlos Dansby
    Richie Incognito
    Marques Douglas
    Charles Grant
    Corey Proctor
    M Stanley

Richie I is here on a 1yr 600k deal
    Marques Douglas has a 2yr 2.5 million dollar deal
    Charles Grant has a two yr 4.5 million dollar deal
    Corey Proctor, M Stanley are here on Vet Minimum deals

It would seem to me that aside from Marshall and Dansby, Irish has a surplus leftover on a player by player basis, and it is not close.

I could be wrong but the subtractions are around 25 million, the additions are around 6 million, Dansby is making 8 million and Marshall right around 10 million, so dollar for dollar, payroll is about the same this season as it was in 09?

I could be wrong though as Dansby and Marshall's salary is not something I've paid attention to, I'm simply glad they were added to the Dolphins.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    All in all Pads it might be an even swap money wise give or take a few million, but look at the players they brought in compared to who left.....hahaha...