1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First trip to Dolphin Stadium

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by Cass, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Cass

Cass Active Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bristol, England
    Hi all,

I'm posting to try and get some advice from people 'in the know'. :)

My wife and I have booked a holiday during September to Florida and we'll be in town for the Colts game on 21 Sep so naturally I'll be trying to get tickets for the game as I haven't been before and have only seen the team play on tv (Monday night football for my first game - woo!).

As it'll be our first game I'm hoping you could answer some questions I have, apologies if I sound a little ignorant on some of them but to put it in context, when I go to football (soccer) matches over here we tend to go to a bar first and get to the stadium about 15 minutes before kick off.

• Is there any section of the stadium I should try and buy in to make the most of the atmosphere?
    • How much should I be looking to pay for tickets as the Dolphins website doesn't have individual game tickets on sale yet?
    • What happens pre-game? I've heard of the tailgate parties but to be honest I'm not 100% sure what these are or how you arrange to go to them. Does anything happen that means we should be looking to turn up to the stadium early, or should we plan to just get there before kick off?
    • We'll also be staying over in Miami for the evening after the match so before I just go and book a random hotel somewhere in South Beach, are there any recommendations nearby, and is getting a taxi to and from the stadium (so I can have a drink) a realistic ambition?
    • Finally; away from the actual football match, we'll be looking to spend the Monday & Tuesday in Miami to make a little visit of it. We've already looked at quite a few things to do and places to go to see, but is there anything you Miami locals would recommend we spend some time on?

Thanks for any help you can offer, and if there's anything else you think I should know that I haven't asked about please also tell me - the more information I have the better a day it will be, the most I've seen of Miami up to now is the inside of the airport during transfers! :)

2. section411

section411 New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    There really aren't any bad seats in Dolphin stadium although the end zones aren't great.
    Decide what you want to spend and go from there. You can take a virtual tour at MiamiDolphins.com.
    The individual tiks aren't for sale yet but when they are , you won't have any problem obtaining them (unfortunately) Season tik holders get first pick so we are notified before the public, so I will keep you in mind and let you know when they are available.
    Most certainly get there a couple hours prior to kick off, there is much to do and see just walking around! You will LOVE it I promise!
    I stay at a hotel within walking distance that provides a shuttle for 20 bucks a person if it's too hot to walk. Not a place I would stay for a vacation but the night before there are always fans of both teams at the ninth floor bar and it's all about football, lots of fun. Don Shulas is a must for any Phin fan and not that far from the stadium. I just can't afford to stay there for every game.
    if you have any further questions I'd be happy to help, I haven't missed a game in 10 years and know the drill.

cnc66 and Cass like this.
  3. Dolphinatics

Dolphinatics New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!

Our Dolphins Travel Packages include: Lower Level Miami Dolphins Game Tickets Player Autograph Sessions Meet “TD” the official mascot of the Dolphins Hotel Accommodations at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale Breakfast Each Morning Private Tour of Dolphin Stadium Prize Giveaways Welcome Receptions Souvenir Package Including T-Shirts Transportation And much more!! For more info call: Toll Free: 1-877-Miami80