1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Two Round Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Georgia Fin, Jan 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good lord, Fred Davis and Joe Flacco and Chris Long?

No thanks, Doresy, Gosder, Sims, Donald Thomas.....

We need whole unit upgrades, and blowing a #2 on Flacco just is Martian in it's logic...

Two whole new units in 4 picks, not the grabastic nonsense of OLB, TE, QB...not a bit of line help to be seen...

3. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I liked what I saw in Ellis and Cromartie today.

4. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Banned

Dec 17, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    not a horrible mock, but I really don't want to go QB early. I also think that despite me really wanting Davis, there are better players on the board at 32.

5. miamitd13

miamitd13 Junior Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I know we need a tight end, but plug in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie instead of Fred Davis at 2.1 and I'm good with those picks so far.

thanks for the find Georgia Fin...

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Just seems odd that we would take 2 players at the top who will have such a small impact.

A QB? We already have on inexperienced QB.

A Te? Who is going to throw them the ball while running for their lives?

The 2nd rd mock had too many Te, maybe 3 or 4, I wouldn't mind picking up Carlson if available in the 4th or the 6th....

Rd 2 and Fred Davis?:confused2:

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the fox one had a lot of weird picks in the first. There is absolutely no way we take Davis if Cromartie or phillip merling are still available. Parcells likes Tight Ends but he's not passing on DEs and CBs to take one. oh they're the same mock
    Talib in top ten is iffy?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

If we take Dorsey, Merling would make some sense at #33, we would have two pieces of the same unit.

I think we should go Oline, but that is me Adam, a Tackle and Guard who can play would change our offense for the better and fast...

When Ty Law and Newman were drafted rd 1, the rest of the team was settled on the lines and on at Qb, that is one reason why I don't think we will take a CB at 33 or 59, the other is the impact that Jumbo Elliot and Moore had during the Giants days.

Go MLB or CB at #3, and Te at 4, and Safety or Lb at 6 and 7 or find some DT depth.,

9. Jed

Jed Ryan to Wallace!

Jan 3, 2008
    NY
    I like your picks but I think some of them may be available later. Now lets say we get Dorsey with #1, Rodgers-Cromartie or Talib or with 2a, Gosder with 2b, say mayo (ILB) with 3 and Donald Thomas with 4 and Okam with 5. I know we would have to get a little lucky, but now we have 2 DTs, 1 CB, 1 ILB, 1 OG and 1 OT and I don't think any of these is out of the question...

I'm with you on QB, although with all the TEs in the 2nd and third round I would like to get one of them, too. Maybe we could trade down from 2a and get another 2nd and 3rd so we can also pick up a TE in one of these rounds as well.

I agree that DE/OLB is not where we have immediate need, with JT, Rodrique Wright and Holliday we at least have starting talent there. Not the same is true for DT, OT, OG, ILB and CB where we need 1 starter for each position. We should worry about having starting talent at each position before we worry about depth.

10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    That's my take. As much as alot of people want a TE I dont think we draft one until 4th round earliest. Cottam, or Kellen Davis maybe if they last that long. I just dont see Parcells passing up a DE, LB, CB, OT, OG to get a TE

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Our #5 is invested in Trent Green already...but no great loss if we don't find Okam in the later rounds, we will have two units repaired with quality in your scenario, though IMO, CB is not a true "need" for us yet, we just aren't good enough to run the ball or stop the run and that should be job #1 this year IMO.

We can spray some Rust o leum on Andre Goodman (who will be healthy to start the season unlike in 07) and find a UDFA or Practice Squad guy, heck even Aaron Glenn will be on the market.

Two guys to keep an eye in FA, Anthony Becht and New Orleans Te who was injured most of the year, I've forgotten his name though.

Anyone else notice how our Coaches and Assitants are all in the Tuna coaching tree of Coughlin, Peyton and Parcells himself?

Here is were "if" Sparano can negate the curse of Lil Nicky and the brush off the ashes of CamRan, we can have some above average guys to man the Lb slots, specifically in Ninkovich and Abe Wright and a motivated Channing Crowder.

If someone can light a fire under Travis Daniels backside we would be in even better (relatively) shape at CB...

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    After me mancrush on Gasz jr was itched with Guygamo (sp) who coached ST under Gasnz in Jacksonville, my second mancrush is Kellen Davis but not at Te but De....

He is JT junior IMO, athletic and raw at the De spot, just like JT coming out of Akron and sitting behind Brommel and Mixon....

13. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Yeah I remember me, you and a bunch of others watched the BC/MICH STATE game

http://www.celtkin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wow, nice recall Adamprez, that is a name that has slipped completely off the radar screen:

Jonal St Dic...I haven't heard his name mentioned in a long time.

He is the sort of bargain to be found in the 5th -7th.

15. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    good call. a real sleeper unlike those tv heads that call cromartie or flacco sleeper picks:lol: