1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five prominent Miami Dolphins that might follow in Ronnie Brown and Jake Long's steps

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-pro-bowl-s073009sbaug15,0,7819580.story

I think he kind of pulled a few of these names out of his arse, but what the hell. ;)

I hope so, but I can't say confidently that these guys will make the ProBowl. Such as:
    :DYeah, just a little broken leg. No Biggie.:D I hope he can come back strong. I want to see his ability to pull, block on the move more. That was one of his strengths.
    The word out around here lately is that he is a better tackler and better against the run, but some pieces are now talkng about his ball skills. I said in another thread that the Trifecta had to have seen something in him that showed them he could cover because I know that they are smart enough to see that we obviously need help at FS to help cover and support the corners. Bullfrog has always been a solid tackler. I really hope Wilson is an upgrade in coverage because in games against guys like Fitz, Boldin, A. Johnson, etc. the CBs got absolutely no support with covering those guys. It was real bad. I really hope he makes it to the Probowl, but I don't if I could make that prediction at this point
    This is one of the most important off season moves, IMO. We all know the interior of the OL was a major weakness and Satele, IMO, was a major part of the problem. I really, really, REALLY hope that Grove can stay healthy and play strong. If he can then I think he can make the Pro Bowl, but at this point that is still a big IF, IMO. I hope so. ;)

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    A healthy OL and we should have a really really good offense imo. Pounding the ball and short midrange passing game to control the clock, keep the D fresh, and put points on the board efficiently.
    Giving R&R more room to run than years past could see a big leap in their production, and giving CP time to throw to our quick recievers will be lethal.
    The health is a big question though, hopefully the conditioning pays off and we can avoid the big injuries like broken legs/achilles/ankles etc.

dolfan7171 and Sceeto like this.
  3. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    has jake grove ever been injured?

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah, and like Smiley that was one of the big concerns when bringing him in. Huge potential, but we need him to stay on the field. Toss in Donald Thomas, and we have a great interior - if they can stay healthy.

5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    we're only as good as our 1st string o-line is! i don't have faith in a 2nd string o-lineman. Hopefully the 2nd year of our Bill Parcells influenced work out program will pay off! I wish Jake Grove was in that work out program longer than he's been!

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

l
    Good overall stuff Sceeto...The nickname for Bell has stuck, i dig that...

I'am actually confident with his cover skills, its his hands that let him down on occasion.

I know i have to see Gibril in action before i can say he has better cover skills then the Bullfrog, i doubt it...

I like this thread, here are my guys who make a trip to their own backyard for the probowl.

Jake Long...what can i say about this guy, i'll try, being the Premiere Left tackle in the game imo, hes an automatic invite..bottom line, the man is getting stronger, and stronger, his anticipation off the snap is 2nd to none, loved watching him on the island last year, the man's feet and hands work beautifully in sync together, the sense of trust he gave me was comforting, his demeanor, his toughness, for the love of god, HIS CEILING, this one is a no brainer. dangerous football player, and hes all ours baby.

Ronnie Brown... a supremely talented football player that has all the variables in place to make a run at 2000 yards total....and i'll go to my grave with this one...noone has the feet, the power, the anticipation, the intelligence to run the wildcat like this former tiger. He was born to run the formation and imo, will continue to do so despite the drafting of Pat white, Pat white will create space for ronnie to turn this so called gimmick into a very dangerous power running formation.

Jason Taylor...i said when he got here and watched him practice, i didnt see the drop off some were predicting, what i do see is a highly intelligent player, with a great football mind, a set of hands that can shed, anticipate and diagnose, and the athletisism to play the position of hybrid... rover... linebacker, i wanted Larry english, but i'll take this borderline hall of famer with a chip on his shoulder who imo has not lost a step, all day brother.

Joey Porter...The 2nd best defensive leader in the game, an excellent big game pass rusher that will not have to deal with double teams nearly as much. I think you will see porter do more of the same as last year while Jason plays overall defense behind him. I like the idea of Porter and Wake bringin it on the edges {what they both do best} while jason roves. Cant wait to see Joey do his thing in intro's, on our homefield, at the probowl.
    ????: ThePHINS.com - Miami Dolphins Forums http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?p=799542

The Bullfrog...To me, hes like a player that is just coming into his own at age 30 {still young by this regimes standards} the man WILL make the probowl this year, he now has the football experience he needed, to match that overall athletisism he's always had, great blitzer, great tackler, underrated in pass coverage, with a physche that is dangerous. {yeah, i like that word, dangerous} pretty much sums up our football team i'd say..

Alternate.

Vernon Carey..with him and Jake long becoming best friends and workout partners i think you will finally see the ceiling of vernon carey...inspiration and serious offseason weight training is all this powerful man has lacked in his career. when work ethic meets talent, well, you know the word it creates.

Chad Pennington...Give this cerebral qb a whole offseason molding his intangibles into the fabric of this offense and you will have an offense that executes so well, a pop warner mom working the snack bar at the game will recognize. The way he plays off the unpredictibility of the wildcat is impressive, he takes advantage of the defenders hesitation, his decisiveness is evident, his receiving core is balanced, his bookend tackles will give him time, if he stays healthy, "Sunshine" will play in the sunshine of south florida come probowl time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    It would be sick to see Anthony Fasano make the Pro Bowl. He probably doesn't have a chance, but you never know.
    Also, If Will Allen can make a few more picks, he has a chance, as well.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good post DJ, agree on every point. You're scaring me :lol:

dolfan7171 and djphinfan like this.
  9. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    He could, if he can keep his TDs the same and improve his number of catches. Gonzalez has left so there is another name gone. So really he is competing with Gates, Daniels, Clark, and Zach Miller. That's his main competition to me barring someone else emerging like possibly Dustin Keller.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Yea, but I remember reading that the TE positioned is not going to be counted on like last season. Meaning, Fasano's stats could drop. We don't know for sure, though. So, he could still be a pro bowler.

11. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Well the offense is such that everything gets spread around so I don't think we are ever going to see someone with a big statistical year. Like you said though, he could still be a pro bowler.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    were on the same page right before the season brother.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Dustin Keller seems to be grounded in New York. I still don't see a blocking tight end on that team and the only one that they had, Bubba Franks, they cut so for now, it looks like Keller will be staying in to block quite often.

djphinfan and Sceeto like this.
  14. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    It may be kinda a longshot but if channing posts over 120+ (posibility) and has 1-2 interceptions, 3-5 sacks and a decent amount of forced fumbles and recovered ones i think hes got a real possibility to make it.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If he puts up those numbers, I think he's got a pretty damn good shot at being an All-Pro, let alone the Pro Bowl to be honest. Those numbers aren't typical for a 3-4 inside linebacker or at least I haven't noticed those types of numbers. Those numbers scream more weak side or MIKE Tampa 2 linebacker.

16. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you 100% DJ. Good post there!!

djphinfan likes this.
  17. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    football is violent
    everybody is injured @one time (two) or another