Five trade-down draft partners for Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Five trade-down draft partners for Dolphins
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...aveHyde-blog+(Dave+Hyde+|+Sun+Sentinel+blogs)

sorry i should have merge this with the other trade down post

brandon27 and HULKFish like this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I did a full work up of possible trade partners a couple of weeks ago. I'll try to update it and post it before Thursday.

Thanks a lot for the post! I think a trade is highly possible.

I had initially expected Houston to be the best chance to leapfrog SF's picks and go after Haden or Thomas, but with the Eagles and Pats having a lot of picks, we could see either one make a move for Spiller, or maybe Morgan, or Brandon Graham.

3. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    There is some good talent in this draft. I hope we do trade down for a change... Pick up a Taylor Mays or something.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    That would make the 2010 draft better. I consider Marshall a 2nd rd pick already.

5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    just not sure why this is a surprise to anyone .... really, the JESTS had to put pressure on him - and their only way to accomplish that was to up the $$$.

no way we pay him half that ... even if he ended up our Plan B year 2 ...

this whole loyalty thing just gets way too much play ... its all about location (family) and $$$$. we had the location piece ...

i will not miss JT (since he was too soft in my opinion), but do appreciate his years here.

6. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Wrong thread but WTF? He is one of the greatest defenders this franchise has ever had.

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I'd be quite OK with this scenario I think. Still going to get a good player at 24, and it gets us back into the second round too.

8. I MiZFiT I

I MiZFiT I The Young And The Bestest

Mar 16, 2009
    South Carolina
    Taylor Mays is one of the most overrated players in the draft. He is good in run defense but his coverage skills lack. He got such a high rating for being a hard hitter.