Fixing the offense....it can't be this easy.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mracer, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Well the team I have been watching has finished the past four years with a losing record. All you who think this team is only a few players away from being a legitimate playoff contender are the people who aren't accepting the reality of how far the Dolphins still are from being a good football team.

Just because I don't think a few new players can make this team a playoff team, doesn't mean I hate the team. It merely means I am able to objectively look at all the problems on this team and realize that it is going to be at least two more years before this team is a legitimate playoff contender. Of course as I stated earlier, this also depends a great deal on Tannehill being the long term answer at QB for the Dolphins.

Call me a hater all you want. The fact is that the Dolphins have been a losing team for the past four years and until they turn it around, all you rose colored glasses individuals have nothing to back up your argument that this team is headed in the right direction.

2. Perfectville_USA

Perfectville_USA Mr Perfect

Dec 27, 2012
    Syracuse NY
    We should not even think WR in round #1. Unless we trade back in the draft. It's the deepest postion in the 2013 draft class and with two 2nd & 3rd round picks. We can move up in the draft if needed to grab our guy.

GMJohnson and Clark Kent like this.
  3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    There isn't a team in the league that isn't a couple of players away from making the playoffs. Anybody who doesn't see that probably hasn't been paying attention or just doesn't understand the game.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    would like to see Miami pick up two W/R's in free-agency, resigning Bush & Hartline: Wallace and Jennings and Hartline & Bess & Bush

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    You gonna give Miami a loan, brah?

Steve-Mo likes this.
  6. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Would like to be stranded on a deserted island with Mila Kunis.

Clark Kent likes this.
  7. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Wouldn't mind the following:

1) Sign Greg Jennings (or one of the other top WR's, but he seems most affordable).

2) trading down in round 1, drafting Warmack at OG (say drop 6-8 slots) - OG's usually don't go that high. This gives us a bit of ammunition.

3) trade up into round 1 or top of round 2 for WR like Allen.

4) Draft a TE in round 2 or 3.

5) Look for DE/CB in round 2-3-4-5 (multiples).

6) Look for QB in round 4-5.

8. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Ted Ginn and Darrius Heyword-Bey are two recent examples. I know we all try to block out the memory but c'mon man. :)

9. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

I'd argue the positions we need to fill must be difficult as well since our GM has had 5 years to do it and has had multiple goes at it but hasn't succeeded yet.

I don't think we are any closer than a lot of the teams you listed.

10. apatos19

apatos19 New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    What if we did this: resign Reggie Bush on the condition he would accept moving to WR, go all in on Jennings, and then draft another WR early in the second round. I have no idea why this staff didn't try to use him more in that role, but I think Reggie would be a great WR. He made moves in open space that were unbeliable this year, and has great hands. It's such a waste to have him run for five yards and get beaten up, while hoping for that one moment when he breaks free, when he could have three of those wow type moments in a game at WR.

That would certainly fix our WR position for years to come, and allow us to pick up some other vital parts we need this year, as well. Whether anybody wants to hear it or not, I'm thinking Miami has to consider using its first pick on the OL. Even though it burns me, that we drafted and paid Long so much only to let him go now, I think we have to. I wouldn't pay him that much, when clearly his health is so questionable and he may be a bad fit for this zone blocking scheme. I'm also not very sanguine on Martin replacing him, and think we need to draft a LT and RT, moving Martin to guard. And even if we did, we still need depth.

We can use FA to fill out our other holes. Cook or Keller at TE, but keeping Fasano. Resign Sean Smith, but go after another big name corner. I would also look hard at the Giants, an see if we couldn't lure away one of their pass rushers, about to hit FA.

All very doable, and then Miami would be a serious playoff contender.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think it should be an easy fix..Greg Jennngs...Eddie Lacy..Robert woods would be a nice start.

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think everything is easier once you have your QB. And I agree that I think we are better situated than those other teams on your list.