1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flame Away...he may be reading.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Fin-Omenal, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/21202/ted-ginn-jr-seeking-rebirth-with-49ers

Dear Ted, If you have been on here before Im sure you know me as one of your biggest supporters. Sorry you were drafted buy a moron coach too high who then called you a punt returner to make things worse....but TY for giving us W's vs the Jets and for not being Brady Quinn who wouldve set this team back until 2013, but hey all these guys wanted Patrick Willis.:shifty:

gafinfan likes this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I wonder how he's doing in San Fran.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lol @ the picture on espn with him catching the ball (for once) with his eyes closed.......

"look what i found"

the guy is a joke of a WR. **** him. good riddance.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why such hatred for Ted Ginn?

I'm hope he's able to rebound in San Francisco

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    :confused2:

He has 128 career catches. So he has caught it far more than once in his time in the NFL.

Not sure why you want to **** him either, since as far as I knew you were straight. :wink2:

6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Sorry that he's not a 6'4" 225 pound possession receiver like you and half the website wanted. I hope he does well in San Francisco, it's not his fault he was drafted too high.

Anonymous, Fin-Omenal and BuckeyeKing like this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Defenders to the rescueeeeeee

Lol he said flame away, I did.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Ted is looking like the #3 Wr and it sounds like from the 9ers forum he is burning the secondary in camp, most see him as a guy who will open things up for Gore, Vernon and Crabtree underneath.....a great reason why I wish we wouldve kept Ted.

But in the end it was best for Ted to get the heck up outta here, he had no chance from the minute all these jerk offs who wanted to blow Quinn saw we passed on him. And he didnt help himself a whole lot either.

And Mr. Cullen these guys arent defending him as much as they are just plain not sh-tting on him.:up:

9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    We should have kept him as a returner. I don't want to see Cobbs returning kicks.

Tone_E likes this.
  10. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I wish we had kept him too. Gotta say one thing about him though...He was a Jet killer. One of only 2 that we had, and the other one is now a Jet. :(

11. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    He'll probably do well in SF. I saw an analysis that the "three year rule" isn't exactly accurate. Something like 22% of WR break out in year 3 and 18% break out in year 4.

We ran a lot of comebacks and outs with him last year - making his speed more or less worthless. As a returner and a deep threat 3-4 times a game he has a lot more value than a 5th rounder.

I am excited about Hartline as our deep threat, but hope we didn't make a mistake and allow teams to crowd the line. Marshall is a great WR but doesn't get deep much.

12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Hopefully he does well out there. He was over-drafted and woefully miscast here. He's a role player. Give that guy the right role and he can do things for you.

And he will absolutely go down as a Jet killer. He got us going big time in the first win and basically won the second one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc"]YouTube- Ted Ginn Jr Smokes Darrelle Revis For 53 Yard TD Catch[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpI1wElYoCs"]YouTube- Ted Ginn Jr. returns two 100+ yard kick-off's for Touchdowns - MIA @ NYJ Week 8 2009[/ame]

But a change of venue was best for both sides.

As far as people ****ting on the guy, or any player for that matter, I never understood that. I subscribe to the Dolphin broadcasting way of doing things. Criticize, but be respectful and don't make it personal. Show a little class.

Honestly, I hate seeing that vitriol on our website. We're better than that.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Dont forget the year before in the Meadowlands for the Afc East title he made two HUGE catches in route to beating the Jets and securing our division title.:up:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    [​IMG]

DOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Best of luck to Teddy. No way he could have lived up to the expectations here. He's a third option there and hopefully he can thrive in it. He's got a clean slate there.

16. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I didn't hate Ginn. I hated that he was drafted so high, and I disliked that, to me, he didn't give it his all. The guy had 100+ yard games but it just never happened enough times. He seemed to give up on some plays, run away from the ball if he knew he'd get hit, and too often when he caught it he didn't want to go for more. Good luck to him. Victim of ****ty coaching and being drafted too high.

17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Come on Aqua thats not even remotely true. He dropped some balls early in the year, but down the stretch he made some HUGE catches in key spots to give us momentum. Like the game we came back and beat the Patriots.

Two Tacos, Tone_E and Fin-Omenal like this.
  18. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm glad you can exaggerate to try and make your opinion of him seem more true. Way to go. :up:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    He made some big plays in his day dude, yea he screwed up ecspecially this year, but to say he made more negative than positive is far from true.

I would tread lightly before Stitches rips you with facts that im too lazy to look up.

20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thats not something you or I can figure out...

But you said more negative than positive.

A negative that we KNOW is: Drop, Fumble, Missed Block, Penalty

A positive would be a catch, a good block, any play with positive yards.

Now do the math and as forementioned save the exaggeration.:up:

21. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Oh yippee, the good old apologist card. I disagree with a blatant falsehood and I'm an apologist. Great.

I never said he didn't miss many chances or fail many times that I wish he hadn't. He was far from ever worth the #9 overall pick (I never wanted him in the draft), but that doesn't mean he never made positive plays or helped win games.

I guess Chris Chambers made way more negative plays than positive since he was shipped out too. :rolleyes:

Anonymous likes this.
  22. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Fellas,

Ted Ginn is a 49er

Let's make those thumbs go this way... :up:

...and let it go in peace.

23. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Travis, you know you're one of my favorite guys on this board... but that is so far off base, I don't even know where to begin. We could always drag up some old Chris Chambers posts because you're being so hypocritical it's not even funny....

Big E and Fin-Omenal like this.
  24. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    It's pretty darn hilarious that Chris Chambers biggest fan is hating on a receiver for having the dropsies.

EDIT: Oh I didn't even see the post above.

25. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I thought Chambers just married his biggest fan? :headscratch:

26. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Because he sucked as a NFL football player:wink2:

He may have been a good college player and he may be a good person, but as a Miami Dolphin, he sucked.

27. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010

It must be where he was drafted?? Pat White, granted has only one season under his belt, but IMO has "sucked" alot more than Ginn did....and White doesnt get nearly the heat Ginn does, even with Ginn being gone.....

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  28. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't believe he sucks. Did he live up to the pick? No. But he still did some good things for us.

But, for the sake of the argument, let's say he does. There are a lot of players who played for the Dolphins that sucked a lot more than Ginn did. How come they are not getting as much hate?

29. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I think it has to do with where he was picked. A player like Ginn could of been had in the 5th or later. We wasted a 1st round pick on him and I think that is what pisses people off the most.

30. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

:huh1:

finyank13 likes this.
  31. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I like Teddy a lot and wish him the best of luck in San Francisco. I'll be tuning into some Niners games and rooting for him. He had his issues here that led to his departure but the kid always worked his butt off and handled the negativity with class. You gotta respect that.

32. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

If reading this Ted, best of luck to you, I hated to see you go but at the same time it was for the best for both sides. Hope you get a fair shake in frisco and when you get the chance beat those pesky JETS for us, ok!:up:

Silverphin likes this.
  33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Why is it people are not furious with Jason Allen who was a high 1st round pick and who has contributed FAR less than Ginn?

Nobody can ever logically answer this question so I stick to my theory that it stemmed alot from him not being Brady Quinn.....who currently will be a 3rd string QB behind Kyle Orton and project Tim Tebow.

Funny you wouldve cheered Cameron if he selected Quinn yet you booed him when he drafted Ted, well guess what CAM WAS RIGHT and YOU WERE WRONG. :up:

34. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    The thing I hate is that he became SUCH a lightning rod with fans that the FO had no choice but to get rid of him. Our WRs now have little to no speed and we are searching for a decent return man.

The split was probably the best for both sides - but look at Jason Allen - he didn't live up to expectations but makes an impact on STs and can play CB in a pinch. Ginn filling a similar role (returner / deep threat) would have been a great asset to this team.

But with the media / fans over-analyzing every play, it was best to let him go.

(For the record - Teddy had plenty of issues with his play on the field. Not trying to say it is the media / fans fault he struggled. My point is that he could have still provided a positive impact in a very limited role if not for the fact that his mere presence resulted in such a media frenzy.)

35. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Yes and he dropped ball early in his 2nd yr and his 1st. I also remember him dropping alot of passes in HUGE games. He was a drop Machine. The only time he didnt drop it was when Henne planted it into his chest. He looked akward everytime he tried to jump for a catch he would start coming down b4 the ball got there. He was afraid to get hit.

With all that being said I would have liked to have him here still this year. He could have been our KR and given us at least one more win against the Jets

36. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Nolan Carroll is a decent return man.

37. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

The stats don't back you up on this!

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/passesdropped.html

His stats for 2008 and he only dropped 6 passes all year, IPOF, the talk before the 2009 season by most on this board was that Teddy would see steady improvement and hopfully reach 1000 yards and 6-10 TDs. I could find no stats on dropped balls in 2007 but remember Ted being brought along very slowly by Cam as his first TD came in the rain and mud in London, a fact our Mr. Marshall might take note of btw!

I will not excuse his drops in 2009 at the beginning of Henne's rein as they are not excusable but after his dressing down by the club and his demotion he only dropped two more balls that last six game span and was also the Jets killer, too.

Ted Ginn had the misfortune of being drafted by this team at a spot that most wanted Brady Quinn (anyone want that jerk now?) plus he was not an instant sucess as a WR and he played on a 1-15 team. All those things and the Ginn Family remark by Cam put Ted Ginn in a hole that he would never dig his way out of in Miami. It surely was not his fault to be drafted where he was yet going by the negative remarks here that fact is and will be always overlooked or dismissed.

You can not teach speed and his speed will be sorly missed on the other side of Marshall imvho. Plus the lack of his return yardage this year on a less than stellar ST group has the chance to rear its ugly head and bite us in the rear once or twice this year.

Any bets on sweeping the JETS in 2010?

BTW Teddy you looked great last night catching and blocking, back on the first string, good for you. I wish you well and hope you have the career you deserve.:up:

Lt Dan likes this.
  38. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    lol that "apologist" label has certainly held onto a life of it's own....In hindsight I wish I had not said it because those divisive labels aren't needed on our fins board.

I stand by everything I said about Ted Ginn last season when he was a Dolphin. He's a 49er now, I truly wish him all the best and hope he finds success there but I'm happy that he's out of Miami.

There is no 10 ex-Dolphins combined that garner as much attention as Ginn Jr.

It's nuts fellas, let's focus on our team and wish Ginn good luck and move the hell on.

gafinfan likes this.
  39. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Maybe because Jason Allen has produced more on Special Teams then Ginn has. I guess Ginn having 3 good games in 3 years with the Miami Dolphins should have allowed the F.O. to keep Ginn????? Face the opinons, Ginn SUCKS and he's already SUCKING in SF.

40. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I hate the "3 good games" thing. So only returns for TDs are good games?

He had at least three good games last year with the Jets game, the 40 yard return against NE that set up the winning score and the two 35+ yard returns against Carolina.

I think Ted Ginn sucks - but the amount of exaggeration that goes on about his sucking is frustrating. He had a lot of good returns over the last 3 years. He also never had a problem with drops until this past year (and even then he showed good hands the last 5 weeks).

He is never going to be a top-flight WR but his career is already WAY beyond anything Jason Allen has done.

gafinfan likes this.