1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Sports Buzz: Henne takes advice from Parcells, Marino

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The experts have offered advice, and studious Chad Henne is paying close attention. Bill Parcells told the Dolphins quarterback ``to really look at yourself in a detailed way,'' Henne said, ``and to keep improving -- the turnovers, the touch passes.'' Henne said Dan Marino has been ``guiding me on throwing catchable balls to the running backs and knowing who your receiver is to throw different balls. Dan is always saying, `When in doubt, `Let it fly!' ''

The Dolphins saw plenty they liked from Henne, but want more. ``The greatest area we needed to see improvement in from Chad was the decision-making process and taking care of the football,'' coach Tony Sparano said Tuesday. ``The touch throws that are necessary in the middle of the field -- he has shown improvement in both those areas. His numbers are off the charts. On Sunday, he was 12 for 12 in practice.''

Sparano said he wants Henne -- who threw 12 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in 14 games in 2009 -- to resist dangerous ``impulse throws, feeling like you have to do it all, or do it all on one play.''

Although the Dolphins are splitting first-team center snaps between Jake Grove and Joe Berger, Grove said he ``absolutely'' will start. ``If that's what he wants to do, that's fine,'' Grove said of Sparano. ``I'm not going to worry about it.'' Grove was the only Miami starting offensive lineman who did not allow a sack in '09.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/01/1658759/henne-takes-advice-from-parcells.html#ixzz0penkFNWA

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    This is great to hear. Chad Henne listening to Bill Parcells and Dan Marino is a recipe for success IMO. Marino especially. Man, if Henne is humble enough to take the criticism and advice on how to improve his game, he could really elevate his level of play this year. :up:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    This is great. I don't know if he has or not, but he needs to get ahold of Parcells Quarterback Commandments and memorize that. He is going to be great. I could just tell.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Who is Dan Marino and why is he giving Chad Henne advice?

:lol: jk

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol: marino is telling henne to let it fly and sparano is saying he needs to cut down on impulse throws
    wonder how long before tony tells dan to stay the hell away from his QB LOL

MikeHoncho likes this.