1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida State right tackle takes the play off

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Killerphins, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
  2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    You obviously didnt watch the game. Coaches planned some of it that way.

3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    coaches planned for a guy to stay in a three point stance while the play is going on around him
    that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of
    i thought the player was being dumb
    thanks for clearing that up :lol:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The ball was snapped on the wrong count, and he did what he's supposed to do when he thinks the Defense is offsides. If anything, it's a flaw in the FSU coaching, not a knock on that player.

Personally, I'd rather sacrifice 5 yards than take a risk of my QB getting killed. Probably why you dont see more teams doing this.

5. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Coaches did plan it that way. At several points in the game when the Gators were offsides or on wrong count the entire offensive line never moved. Like I said its obvious you did not watch the game

6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    qb is running around and action is going on around you
    yet you stay in a three point stance
    that is pure stupidity
    i didn't have to watch that game to see that

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Everyone else was already in motion, which that numb nuts could plainly see. So there is NO WAY that he could do any harm by actually engaging in the play. In the meantime no one knows if it's an offensive or defensive penalty and his team is at a disadvantage because he is frozen in time looking like he's taking a crap. Might as well have taken one, he had enough time. He had zero to gain by doing that, he looked like an idiot, he jeopardized the play, and he put his teammates, especially his QB, at greater risk.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I am not saying it was smart coaching or anything like that but it was planned for OL to just stay in there stance. Its very obvious to the ones who actually watched the game. Sorry but I won't blame a player for something like that

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That clip made my day.