1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida to make another run?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by RealDriscoll, Jan 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    * With the enw that Tim Tebow is set to return for his senior season it seems that two big name Gators might be joining him. Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes (who I want at #25) are leaning towards returning for their Senior season. Why you might ask and it's simple, 3 National Championships would be very impressive. Spikes is the most NFL ready of the three but let's see what happends.

Other Junior news includes CJ Spiller and LeSean McCoy going back and forth whether to enter the draft or return to school. Terrence Cody is more than likely returning to school.

Who will be left for the Fins at #25

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Where would you have Spikes play? Inside or outside as has been suggested.

3. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    A little bit of both to be honest. I hope he declares. Pick #25 is becoming a serious mystery.

4. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I know there is debate regarding his position. I haven't viewed the tape of him yet to be honest. I am lagging behind due to moving and other stuff that has been going on. But, after this weekend, I should be able to catch up on stuff and then I could give my informed opinion on the switch if there is one to be made.

I can't do it yet, unfortunately, although I would like to.

5. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    I have watched plenety on Spikes. He is a monster on the inside. Youtube Brandon Spikes vs Knowshon Moreno. I think his primary position will be inside but he can be a situational pass-rusher. The guy is relentless

6. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't think he's anything close to being a monster. He gets washed out far too much in the run game, plays high when taking on guards and fullbacks, i don't think he pursues with great vigour and anyone watching Andrew Hatch dump him on his asss at the goaline against LSU was transported back 20 years to Bo Jackson and Brian Bosworth. I think he's excellent in coverage and with good instincts, but I don't see anyone grading him as a "monster" on the inside.

7. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I try to avoid using Youtube unless absolutely necessary. I have a pretty good collection of game tapes, and Bowl games. Although I did lose I think 3 games due to a boo boo on my part, which was unfortunate. I have over 75 games on DVD so hopefully I can gleam something about him that way.

I like to see these guys play when all is going wrong, I think it shows more of whether he's an athlete playing the position as opposed to a real football player. I'm not talking about Spikes with comment, just a general position I like to try and take. I want to see what they do badly more often than not.

8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    The Spikes debate is pretty much null and void because he's almost certainly staying.

9. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    With Sanchez and Mays staying and the Gators keeping Spikes, Tebow, and Harvin.. Who will be # 1 in the country? Should be interesting? USC vs Florida National Championship game? Does Sam Bradford return after a National Championship loss? God Friday cannot come soon enough so that the draft boards are set in stone

10. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Mines a jello mold. :wink2:

That way I have a little wiggle room.