1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Outsiders Wrap Up of the Dolphins-Steelers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rhody Phins Fan, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/any-given-sunday/2013/any-given-sunday-dolphins-over-steelers

Nothing mind blowing but there are a few tidbits here and there.

Pandarilla, Disnardo, MrClean and 2 others like this.
  2. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    It's also interesting that they think Tannehill had a below average day passing when a lot of people around here think that it was his most impressive performance. I think they aren't giving him enough credit for the conditions and circumstances he was performing under.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    What's amazing about those stats is that when tannehill doesn't throw a perfect pass to clay it seems to me that he has trouble making the catch. Says two things to me. Tannehill is in sync with clAy and clay makes the catchable catch almost always

4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Stats most of the time come context-free.

Pandarilla likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Maybe he has trouble adjusting to the difference in Wallace's speed compared to that of Clay, Hartline, etc.

djphinfan likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I thought RT was off early on, but good late. I think that read-option run by him was huge. I think it loosened him up and also made the run lanes wider for DT.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah. Hitting moving targets vs stationary is harder. Hitting faster moving targets vs. slower moving targets is harder.

8. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    He was off early, especially on throws to the outside. At one point, I was saying to myself, (thinking runaway thoughts of Tannehill having never played in snowy/icy/windy conditions before) if Tannehill doesn't get it together, we may get crushed. Especially when the Steelers were gashing our run D early on. We improved that part of our game, and I think you're right that the read-option run gave him some confidence which spilled over into his throwing. He got it together, and we didn't get crushed.