1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For comparisons sake: Draft Analysis of Dan Marino

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Dec 27, 2010.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

This is more of a request....but I would like to see Pre Draft Analysis of Dan Marino. Obviously, Dan Marino is and always will be THE benchmark for every QB that wears the aqua and orange. We have all seen probably more QB play by Dan Marino then any other QB. But...at least for me...I never saw any pre draft analysis of him. What were his strengths coming out of Pitt. What were his weakness?

I think...seeing how he would grade out here in TP.C...might offer some basic starting point as to how we evaluate any QB prospects in 2011. Not that these players will be like Dan Marino, or as good as Dan Marino...

But if you said Dan Marino's arm strength as like..so and so's...since we have seen so much of Dan...its much easier to grasp how much arm strength we are talking about. Same as footwork...pre snap reads...etc...

So...pretend Dan Marino will be coming out in this draft...and lets hear your pre draft analysis. Would he rank as high as Luck? Dont look at his career, obviously, knowing what we know...he would be the #1 pick....look at his college career.

Thanks....

2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I know that Marino struggled his senior year and that he was dogged by drug rumors, which is partly why he was available to us altogether

3. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Low wonderlic score and threw a bunch of interceptions trying to make things happen on a team that wasn't exactly loaded.

4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Look at how quick Dan's feet are....and how quickly he sets up to make the throw...

[video=youtube;Gik9gVdzXPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gik9gVdzXPA[/video]

[video=youtube;2ulj5NSiaD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulj5NSiaD8[/video]

Hiruma78 likes this.