1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Each Life........a Reckoning. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reconing

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I have been eagerly awaiting something from Curt Shillings game company 38 Studios for well over two years now...eve since they announced the combining of talents including RA Salvatore (Forgotten Realms and DemonWars Saga) ... Todd McFarlane (Spawn)..and Ken Rolston (Lead designer on Elderscrolls: Oblivion) to put together a new massive MMO code named "Coppernicus".

38 Studios set out on creating a new fantasy world...one taking the best of all fantasy gaming elements and creating something truly special.

Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a fantasy RPG set in their new world.....which will eventually lead to the launch of "Copernicus".....

This game in short.....

Looks awsome.

[video=youtube;XXR6yGHZSGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XXR6yGHZSGc[/video]

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Heres a great article from IGN:

"I've never woken up in a pile of corpses, left for dead by an unknown enemy. But the 2011 Game Developers Conference just ended, and San Francisco is still swarming with developers who hate me for not giving their games 10/10 scores. So it could still happen. If it does, I imagine I'll handle it like the protagonist of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I'll wake up, chat with a friendly gnome and set out to destroy my would-be killer with fire and steel.

Narrative is a powerful thing, and it's a tough trick for an interactive medium to master. It's hard enough to keep players motivated when a game is linear, cutscene-heavy and relatively short. In hundred-hour-plus open worlds, however, it can be damned impossible. The team behind Reckoning aims to try, though, even if it means breaking some of its genre's unwritten rules along the way....."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1153816p1.html