1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For laughs My First Mock FOR 2010

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by adamprez2003, Dec 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Decided to try my first Dolphin Mock Draft for the 2010 draft. I used the following sites to try to determine what rounds prospects would go. I disagree with some of their slotting but at this stage the picks are all over the place

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2010-nfl-draft/draft-value-board.html

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp

To avoid having a draft of Ndamokong Suh, Eric Berry, Eric Hughes, Rolondo McClain and Dez Bryant I used the two sites that have 7 round values and projections. Draft Tek has a 4 round mok up and a program that projects for 7rounds. The system I used is no player could be drafted that was picked by both sites prior to us. Meaning that if Draft Tek had Jason Fox in the 4th and draftdog had him in the 3rd, if I wanted to pick him I would have to pick him 3rd or 2nd or 1st. This ensures as well as you can at this early stage that I'm not loading up on players that wont be available to the Dolphins.

1) ILB Rolondo McClain - Alabama
    2) OLB Eric Norwood - South Carolina
    3) TE Dennis Pita - BYU
    4) DE C.J. Wilson - East Carolina
    6) DT Lamarr Houston - Texas
    6) CB Kendric Burney - North Carolina
    7) TE Andrew Quarless - Penn State
    7) OG Shane Lauvao - Arizona State
    UFA) WR Rich Gunnell - Bostn College
    UFA) QB Jon Crompton- Tennessee

I dont know how realistic this is but I was able to solve our ILB and TE needs Norwood could be moved inside if he doesnt fit on the outside. Right now I'm not sure where to put him. If we were to have a ILB of McClain and Norwood we would go from having one of the worst ILB duos to one of the best in one offseason. If you're looking OLB ILB WR and TE you almost have to give up on one position and I did with receivers. One reason was that the two sites have huge discrepencies between where they have receivers drafted meaning there are tons drafted early and off the board. An example is Danario Alexander who is a 2nd rounder and 6th rounder lol IIRC. Since I'm using my system it means I would have had to draft him in the 2nd or earlier. I actually wanted to draft one but there was always better value IMO. The best opportunity would have been passing on Pitta in the 3rd and grabbing a receiver there.The thing was Pitta kind of has the size necessary to make Parcells happy and I wasnt sure if the others could. I could have gotten a WR in the 3rd and Quarless in the 7th but I thought it may be better to double up. I may try another one where i focus on getting a WR though. Maybe in a month after the bowl games

djphinfan likes this.