1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sect: Anderson v Moses..you make the call

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 6, 2010.

Q moses or Charlie Anderson, who looked like a player?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2010.
  1. Charlie Anderson

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Q Moses

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Neither was very good.

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I preferred Anderson

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This poll is out of order, YOUR OUT OF ORDER!!, THE WHOLE DAMN BOARD IS OUT OF ORDER!!...

lol...sorry, I just had a dog day afternoon flashback..

If you click on anything but the man Moses, your gonna smoke a turd in hell.

What most are failing to understand, is that this dude has earned it...

Imo, you can trust Moses setting the edge and, I have seen flashes of athleticism in space that excited me...like the player, always have, and if cutting some player for him to get more reps had to happen, than iam all about it..

Pandarilla and ToddsPhins like this.
  4. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Moses and it is not even close. Anderson was an okay player, but he had leveled off while Moses is still ascending.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I betcha he'll be declared inactive for gamedays unless there's an injury. Bobby Carpenter will be a coverage ILB and a special teams guy, he'll be active.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Ill give you Sections answer.................

LeBron James.

padre31 and adamprez2003 like this.
  7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    There were times this preseason when Q gave offenses more fitz than an Irish phone book. He showed some real intensity and played like he wanted to be out there. Granted it wasn't against 1st teamers, but he was dominant enough at times for me to believe he could be effective off the bench if needed.

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wasn't that "...And Justice For All" ?

Texphinphan likes this.
  9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Anderson's salary = 2.2 million. Nuff said.

10. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm going to miss Charlie, but the highlights do show a lot. He was pretty ineffective for the most part. Sounds like another LB we have who's first name starts with a C.

ZING

gunn34 likes this.
  11. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    if they both made the same amount of money...this FO would have cut Moses.

padre31 likes this.
  12. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    i say anderson was better but just my personal preference

13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Depends on what you need. The Dolphins need a Moses. They don't need an Anderson.

I never really tracked Bobby Carpenter in Dallas and I don't know what he brings to the table. I hear he's good in coverage, bad against the run, and a good special teams guy.

If that's the case they probably just feel like Carpenter > Anderson and that's all there is to it. It's not a question of Moses vs. Anderson because they're different kinds of players, one is ketchup and the other is mustard. The Dolphins replaced Anderson's mustard with Carpenter's mustard. They weren't about to replace Moses' ketchup with Carpenter's mustard.

I know this. When I looked at Moses' tape and put together that video, I was pleasantly surprised. When I looked at Anderson's tape and put together his video, I wanted to bash my head against a brick wall. That's just a straight up first impression from a guy that sifted through hours of tape of one guy and then hours of tape of another.

This preseason only confirmed that. Moses was giving the Tampa and Dallas second/third string offenses a real hard time.

ssmiami, ToddsPhins and djphinfan like this.
  14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ck,

How much do you think Edds injury led them to sign Carpenter?

15. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i was thinking the same thing.

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yup,Your right D....

Fin D likes this.
  17. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It's as simple as, if A.J. Edds were still here, Bobby Carpenter would not be here.

When Edds got hurt, I said it then, the #2 cover LB on the team became either Channing Crowder or Charlie Anderson. I think more highly of Crowder's coverage than most. I think he's instinctive but not athletic enough to do heavy lifting, least not the way you'd have a Dansby doing the heavy lifting. Good complementary cover LB.

Anderson is athletic and fluid enough to be a bonafied cover LB but he's an outside guy, came from a rushing the passer setting in college and he's been in that role since he got to Miami. It's bass ackward. If your #2 or #3 cover LB is a 3-4 OLB then that might be an issue because when the Dolphins go nickel they're having their cover LBs come onto the field in ILB roles, not OLB roles.

The Dolphins were just rectifying that a little bit and I don't blame them.

Much more upset about, in order of upsetness:

1. Putting Will Allen on Injured Reserve
    2. Cutting David Martin, letting him go to a division rival
    3. Playing the starters as long as they did versus Dallas, with Jake Long's injury the result
    4. Cutting Marques Douglas
    5. Cutting Nate Ness and losing him to Seattle
    6. Faux-benching Koa Misi for Ikaika Alama-Francis
    7. Cutting Charles Grant (never envisioned I'd be upset about that when he signed)
    8. Faux-benching Sean Smith for Jason Allen

I'm probably forgetting something.

Section126 likes this.
  18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Agree, my only question is whether or not the coverage scheme is similar to what Carpenter already knows, that and Carpenter is not known as a passable blitzer.

-With Dmart and Allen, that is strictly a judgment call based on their injuries.

-Nate Ness was toasted as often as Nolan Carrol but one can return kicks.

-Douglas especially, Sparano is taking a huge risk that Odrick will play at high level from Game #1, don't agree but it is what it is.

-Ikaika over Misi makes sense to my view, but still I expect Q will play most of the snaps.

-Allen over Smith, well, to me they both give up long plays to often, but Allen does other things better such as run support and creates turnovers.

19. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Anderson had a better preseason, its all about money me thinks!

20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think I can see what they were thinking NJ:

With the SparanoPhins, you either Start, or push for Starting time, or they will not drop the cash on your contract, which means Jake Grove is on the hot seat.

Anderson was the #4 OLB and they just were not going to pay him 2.2 million for that role. I think that is what did Grant and Douglas in as well, Depth guys have to at least have the potential to Start, if not they go younger and cheaper.

Sparano stated that this waiver period is looked at as "another draft" and they guys they picked up were equivalent to extra 7th round picks.

21. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks for taking the time to compile the videos Chris. :up:

PS: I haven't had lunch yet, so turning our defense into condiments is only making me hungry.

22. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That was from And Justice for All, not Dog Day Afternoon. :sad:

Sceeto likes this.
  23. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I've been saying that I think we're going to see a lot more of Moses this year than maybe previously thought. I think he can be a solid player. He's got good size and strength and I just have a gut feeling that he's going to have a real solid year.

djphinfan and ToddsPhins like this.
  24. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i think this decision was simply that Anderson couldn't contribute in the middle ... that made him expendable ... regarding Q, we still don't have a legitimate SOLB -- Misi is too light, Ike is new to the position, so he has 'value' at a needed position.

agreed on the Carpenter deal .... Edds injury and Anderson's inability to fill the void necessitated that move ....

my question is ... who is the back-up WOLB ?? Misi, Carpenter .... Crowder .... which one of these is going to get pressure if anything happens to Wake ?? We know Crowder won't, Carpenter doesn't carry a good history either ... this worries me and brings me back to Misi .... OLB is still far from solved ......

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Misi is the back up Will i'd think.

Two SOLB's Ike and Q
    Two Will's Wake and Misi

4 ILB's, Crowder, Dobbins, Dansby, Johnson.

26. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Let me help you out on that.

The Cowboys are like my adopted second team since my best friend is a huge Cowboys fan and I watch all their games and talk cowboys football with him. I trust his opinion.

. Bobby Carpenter is very good in coverage.

. Saying he is a "great special teamer" is cliche talk for "He can't start in the NFL."

. He doesn't thump, and is the least physical player on every field he steps on.

. Really athletic.

. Really flashed all the time in preseason, then promptly disappeared when the season started.

finyank13 likes this.