1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you unhappy with Miami's offensive output against Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Further examples of your "easy math":

Calculator + Table Cloth = Giraffe

Bicycle/Spaghetti = Corn Cob Pipe

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You sir continue to put up some of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. 11 of our pass completions were completed over 10 yards today. That is 47% of Henne's completions. I can't understand how you can call Henne crap, when his rating today was 94, that's not playing like crap. Also way to completely miss the point. And I'm starting to think you and Cobrajet are the exact same person, because whenever one of you posts the other doesn't follow too far behind.

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I love the way we played for the whole game, but we needed to throw deeper after that gift of a FG to the Steelers.

That weird timeout and then the following drive was the worst. Got to go to Bess or Marshall even if they are covered, not Polite and Ronnie who was shut down. Marshall gives you the best chance to win, throw to him when you need a desperate score. Look what he did against the Jets, brought us to the goal line. All we needed was a FG this time. Other than that they did great, but the calls were bad when they needed it most.

4. finfaninilinois

finfaninilinois Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    oh great another fan is happy we scored more than 17 on the pitt D - who cares if we win though - but god damn we scored 17 its ok

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ok, logic test for the ones who say we shouldn't of even been in position to have the game called by a ref:

If no team should be in that position, that means every single close game is because of teams not playing their best. However, if every team did play their best that would mean you'd have a close game. Logic loop. Which means that line of thinking is flawed.

In the end, we made the necessary plays to win the game (forcing and recovering a fumble) and it was negated by the refs atrocious decisions. Saying anything else is devoid of logic.

SICK, hugoguzman and adamprez2003 like this.
  6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol:

Fin D likes this.
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

A few months ago you took some heat. Now people tend to just disagree with you and express it on a more even keel. I think the reason is, is that you've calmed down somewhat....

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Please do us all a favor and stop posting, as you have no idea what you're talking about. You look for any minuscule reason to bash Chad Henne week in and week out and THAT is a joke. You didn't have anything to go on this week since he had a strong game so you say he should be benched because he isn't mobile enough. If you didn't come out of this game impressed with Henne than you are just a hater, plain and simple.

QB Ratings for starting QB's against the Steelers this year...

Matt Ryan: 67.6
    Vince Young: 48.3
    Josh Freeman: 67.1
    Joe Flacco: 82.7
    Colt McCoy: 80.5
    Chad Henne: 94.3

Yup, outplayed every QB including the 2 from his draft class in Ryan and Flacco.

Now please, Mrs. Thigpen, stop wasting our time with your nonsense.

Califin, TotoreMexico, SICK and 8 others like this.
  9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Hmm....

Yeah I'm a little perplexed that anyone has negative input with Henne after this game. I think he played very well for a 2nd year starter against a top D. Henne is developing more and more every week.

My issues are with the conservative manner of play calling at times and the mindboggling cutesy playcalls at crucial times.

See 3rd and 1 Jake Long pulling across the line against an aggressive penetrating Defense call. :lol:

10. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yeah, ridiculous. After we recovered the ball on the Steelers 15, we ran 3 straight times including the SAME EXACT PLAY on 2nd and 3rd down. You can't be afraid in this league. It's absolutely inexcusable.

Then the drive we took the lead on we had a 3rd and 6 and had Bess come out of the backfield and catch a pass in the flat...again the playcalling being conservative and playing for a field goal.

And then obviously the play you mentioned on the 3rd and 1 run.

What makes it even more frustrating is that Chad Henne was moving the ball ALL GAME LONG with his arm and Henning STILL played it safe. Again, that's just inexcusable.

My patience with Dan Henning is running extremely thin right now.

SICK and Coral Reefer like this.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

For the first time in a while I saw Henne get behind a lineman in front of him and stand up tall. He looked off, and went thru some progressions very well today.

Something I've complained about a few times so gotta give him his due. He played outstanding today.

12. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

AMEN brother.... Preach.

You especially don't play conservative when you're given a turnover in the redzone against a team that dosen't give you many scoring opportunities.

You're already in the redzone.
    Take a shot into the endzone.
    If you need to, instruct your QB to TAKE NO CHANCES if it's not there but still make the effort to get 7 against a top team when they are giving you a shot.

13. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Exactly.

He's not a top QB yet.
    He's not clutch yet.
    He's got growing to do.

The kid is making strides though and he's showing the ability to be able to carry a team with his arm if he has to. Good signs and reason enough for the Phins to let off the reigns a little.

Ozzy likes this.
  14. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I disagree with that. Henne already has 4 game winning drives in his 19 starts. Not including the epic 4th quarter comeback in Tennessee last year. I mean, he ain't Dan Marino, but he has proven to be clutch.

SICK, hugoguzman and Coral Reefer like this.
  15. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for the comic relief!

P.S. You can actually listen to what the players said. Most of them said that a) they battled punch for punch with the toughest team in the NFL b) they deserved to be awarded that fumble late in the game

And by the way, who said anything about it being "ok"? It's simply the reality of the situation (but I don't know what I'm thinking trying to stick to reality?).

16. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

It was some improvement against Pittsburgh offensively, but so far this season we have the fewest points scored, and fewest TDs in the AFC. Even the Browns and Bills have more.

Only 4 NFC teams have scored fewer points than us.

For the entire NFL, we are tied with Tampa for the 2nd fewest TDs scored this season. Only Carolina has fewer.

Ozzy likes this.
  17. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    some qb´s are not very mobile and rather pass the ball for cryin sake and again, chad henne is not the reason we lost this football game, its again special teams that was really bad in some key moments and the defense not beeing able to get off the field in various key 3rd and long moments, this was not on the offense or even chad henne, ridiculous post/comment, did you actually saw some of the passes he threw yesterday ? that one drop to fasano between the zone or the lasers over the middle to the beast and hartline, he is progressing and this is a good sign for this team, showed some touch today

18. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    For all those saying "we made the plays to win the game," hate to burst your aqua and orange glasses, but no we didn't.

The bottom line is that we had a little over two minutes to get into FG range to win the game and with no timeouts Henning calls a run up the middle. Then we have a dropped pass. Then on 3rd and long Polite runs a 2 yard check down route?

Are you kidding? When the situation called for the offense to win the game it peed it's pants and curled up in a fetal position.

At a time when we needed to attack, Henning goes into a shell. A good offensive team wins that game.

19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Nope.

We stopped them while we had the lead. That was the play we needed to win. We deserved the lead at that point in time and it was incorrectly taken from us. Everything else is speculation.

No team, would be able to march down the field on the NFL's best defense, in 2 minutes after dealing with that kind of travesty. The sentence before this one, is also speculation and just as valid a your speculation. That means all we are left with is that the refs snatched our victory out from under us.

20. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Come on fin. That's an excuse. Regardless of the call we had plenty of time to try and win the game. We instead pissed our pants.

Even if we recovered the ball we still needed a first down. There were still no guarantees of a victory

21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There are no guarantees at all, save one: If the refs didn't put their junk in our birthday cake, we would have had the lead and the ball with 2 minutes to go. Everything else is pure speculation. We played well enough to have the lead at that point and it was taken.

22. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    And again you're making excuses. You have to deal with bad calls. There are bad calls and crazy bounces every week. A good team executes even in the face of that adversity.

Believe me, Pittsburgh would have moved the ball down the field if they had been in our exact position yesterday

Pagan likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Also, think of it from this angle.

Let's say the refs get the call right, and we win by running out the clock. Did we deserve to win then?

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You deal with bad calls yes, this was bigger than a bad holding call, for example.

And I don't believe you, you can't prove it. I can however prove, if the refs made the right call, we would have had the lead.

djphinfan likes this.
  25. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Of course we would've deserved the win. But the point is that a good team shouldn't have gone into a ball after the bad call. There was plenty of time to get into FG range (the only thing we are adept at offensively). Good teams take advantage of every opportunity to win games. We didn't.

26. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    OK. We all agree there was a bad call. How does that excuse the sequence following it when we still had time to go and win the game? Again, good teams win that game. We are not a very good team

27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No. I'll post this for the third time:

Ok, logic test for the ones who say we shouldn't of even been in position to have the game called by a ref:

If no team should be in that position, that means every single close game is because of teams not playing their best. However, if every team did play their best that would mean you'd have a close game. Logic loop. Which means that line of thinking is flawed.

In the end, we made the necessary plays to win the game (forcing and recovering a fumble) and it was negated by the refs atrocious decisions. Saying anything else is devoid of logic.

djphinfan likes this.
  28. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    A call that big isn't an excuse it is what happened. It had a profound effect on the game. You can spin it how you want but it is what it is.

djphinfan, SICK and Fin D like this.
  29. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Gods you're just as obnoxious and elitist in here as you are in the PoFo. :lol:

If the necessary plays were made to win the game, the game would have been won. End of story. You can coulda shoulda woulda all you want. Yes, IF the refs made the right call we would have one...and if my Aunt had a nutsack she'd be my uncle. She doesn't, however, and the refs blew the call. We STILL had a chance to win after that. If you're in a position to win the game with your last possession and you DON'T, then you DIDN'T make the plays necessary to win.

I never said we shouldn't have been in the position to have to game called by the ref. I said we didn't make the plays when we needed them the most.

No matter how much you try to say that's illogical, you're grasping at straws. Two minutes and 30 yards to go for the game winning FG, you either win the game or you've FAILED.

bigbry likes this.
  30. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Who cares abiout the ref's blown call....Coach Henning would have been content to run the ball 3X again, thus punting the ball away, and Ben would have marched down field and scored the gm winner....this offense has no nuts....no identity...any balls and some excution, and this game is a blowout...

Pittsburgh after that 6-0 defecit must have been overjoyed, and simply just knew they weathered the storm and had nothing to worry about...

31. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    The Pittsburgh defense begs to differ.

32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    First of all, obnoxious or not, the only one playing the "if game" is you.

The logic of your stance holds no water as I have proven. Yes, Pagan, proven. You cannot justify your stance logically, it is flat out impossible. If that makes me an elitist that you're wrong, and proven wrong, then so be it.

The lead was taken from us by a horrible call.

33. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    It still hurts, but thanks - this helps a little.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  34. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    It holds no water?

I'll say this again Khan...so the superior intellect can absorb it.

Two minutes to go. Thirty yards needed for the winning FG. Four plays, 2 net yards and an interception.

Now answer the question, AT THE END OF THE GAME, did we make the plays necessary to win? Unless the game ends with about 2:30 left in the 4th quarter, we didn't.

How am *I* playing the "if" game? Your ENTIRE argument is based on IF the ref didn't blow the call. MY entire argument is based on what the Dolphins offense DIDN'T do at the end. How on earth is what *I* said playing the if game? What I said happened, what you said is based on an if.

Please, oh enlightened one, tell us with the vastly inferior powers of logic and intelligence how an argument based entirely on "if" is somehow NOT playing the "if" game.

finyank13 and schmolioot like this.
  35. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    That defense had holes in it by the end of the game....it was beatable....

Harrison was a non-factor, getting overmatched, by Polite, Long, and the heat all day....he wasnt soo tough was he?? The playcalling made that defense look better than it is...

36. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I don't disagree with the bold. Although a conservative game that was called was enough to win it outside of the last two minutes (draw on first down?) and the blown call. Harrison bullrushed our line on a few plays, but yes the pass-protection was there for Henne.

You're right, the play-calling played right into the Steeler's hands at times, but don't discredit the Steeler defense.

37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No water. What you're saying to be fact is logically impossible Pagan. That isn't my fault.

Piss off. I get that you're angry, because you're basically stupid. Also not my fault.:lol:

Yes we did. The refs took it from us. We had the lead and the ball and the refs changed that. That is a fact. Your "facts" are based on situation that should have never happened.

How? You're saying if we march down the field and get a field goal we win, that's a big if. If they get the ball back and score a TD they would have won. The only acceptable if to have, is the if the refs didn't spot the steelers 3 pts what would have happened. What would have happened, is that we'd have the lead and the ball going into the last 2 minutes. Everything else is speculation. If that last word is to big for you, look it up.:tongue2:

Prove me wrong from a logic standpoint. Until you can, (HINT: You can't) then you come on here and make all the insults you want in bold because your posts are just so darn important after all.:hi5:

38. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Pretty large "if"

39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It shouldn't have happened plain and simple.

40. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    The root question "Did we make the plays necessary to win the game?"

Look at the quote Bry put above. In reality, FinD is the one who claimed an "if".

Nowhere in any of my statements did I utter the word "if". I clearly stated what we did NOT accomplish.

Unfortunately, Stephen Hawkins can't digest that.