1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you unhappy with Miami's offensive output against Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Your whole premise is an "if" though. You claim we would have won if we had kicked a field goal. That isn't a guarantee.

The only guarantee, is that we had the ball and the lead with 2 minutes to play until the refs did something that should never happen and wasn't justified. Which is all that I've said.

I'm sorry that is way over your head, but again, that isn't my fault, Curly.:yes:

2. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree completely, however, it did happen.

3. finfaninilinois

finfaninilinois Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    but it did happen!! even though it did we had plenty of time to still win the game

your kinda acting like to little kid that gets mad because something didnt go his way and takes his ball home and quits.

yeah it sucked that they blew the call but the game wasnt over there was plenty of time to get into field goal range.

bigbry likes this.
  4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Here is the problem with you. You don't comprehend...or you just don't give a **** to even try.

I never said we would have won IF we kicked a FG. I said - again - we did NOT make the plays necessary to even make that "if" a possibility.

What you said was correct, but it doesn't pertain to us making the plays needed to win the game. Like Bry said, the refs DID **** up. That doesn't mean we whine and pout about it and tell the world we SHOULD have won. We needed to go 30 yards, we didn't. No "ifs" about it. We didn't get it done.

By the end of this week, no one will either know or give a rat's *** what the refs did. The FACT will remain that we had a chance to win at the end and we didn't.

5. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    This argument has moved on to a more appropriate site where the words are flying now. lol

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm not whining both of you are.

All I've said is two fold:

1: You cannot logically make the case we didn't do enough to win simply by the final score, because the whole game was tainted by the blown call. Think of it like this: If this were a marathon, and a bystander came out and broke the leader's leg with a bat and he lost, you guys would say he should have been far enough ahead to have gotten a cast and hop to a win.

2: The only thing we know for sure is that the bad call cost us the lead with 2 minutes to play.

Phinatic425 and icx like this.
  7. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Your an idiot!!!!!!!!Lowest scoring team in the AFC the miami dolphins look it up!!!!!!!!!

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Oh, the irony.

9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I agree with you completely on Henning and that last drive.
    We were still in it and Henning went into one of those weird play calling sequences he's becoming well known for around here. :pity:

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That draw was a head-scratcher but I kinda see what he was trying to do as far as maybe catching the defense off guard there and/or get something going into the 2-minute warning. Fasano dropped the very next pass, which did not help at all.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Come on man! You wanna throw out some jabs fine but flat out calling him an inappropriate name?

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The Fasano drop was what killed that drive the most (IMO). I had no problem with the run given how much time we still had.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  13. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, and I couldn't help but think that rushing to get that play off (just prior to the two minute warning) didn't so anything to help the execution of the play.

14. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I didn't notice anything wrong with the execution, except for holding onto the ball.

15. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010

Bess is having a great season, there is no doubt. But when you spend the amount of money that we spent getting Marshall here the expectation is naturally very high. Based on what I am seeing right now that money was not well spent because we have no deep threat that we are using. We didn't spend all of that cash to keep throwing underneath. Marshall is not being utilized to his full ability. Marshall is a marquee player that is being under utilized. That was the point of my post. Why bother having great WR's if No one is letting Henne throw beyond 20 yards with any sort of regularity. Now I am not saying that it won't happen - all I am saying is that Marshall needs used like we all thought he was going to be used.

16. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    how many teams have driven on the Steelers this year in the last two minutes to win the game at the end? maybe you can tell me what receivers were open on that last drive because i didnt see any

17. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    He's being used exactly like I thought he would (save for maybe the red zone).

He's on pace for a career high in catches, yds, and first downs. He's also right in line with his career yards per catch.

Edit: Scratch that, he is being used in the same manner I expected, but far more often than I expected (I'm not complaining about that either).

18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, heading into game #7 it is clear, the offense is not functioning properly, it is not scoring TD's and in fact, rarely throws the ball into the endzone in an attempt to score TD's.

Clearly something needs to be shuffled, for me the solution is to feed Roberto Wallace more snaps as Hartline/Fasano/Bess are not explosive enough to really feast on the single coverage Beast generates.

We also need someone other than Beast who can blow the roof off of a Cover 2 scheme..:yes:

19. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    If you want to know why we ran the draw on 1st down in the two minute drive go and rewatch the Jets game. Fast forward to the final drive and watch the first play, a draw to Ronnie or Ricky (dont remember who) that went for 15 yds. The reason you call that play is the defense is selling out to defend the run. Also if you watch the Steelers game again (I havent had the heart yet) I believe you will find that the limited success we had running on Pittsburgh was almost entirely on draw plays when we caught the Steelers defense playing pass. When we ran in running situations we werent that effective. But the draws were working that day

20. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Then obviously we didn't make the plays, did we?

And here's one more food for thought for those who think we made the plays to win the game...look at the other side of the ball.

We take the lead and kick off. Special teams allows a long return that sets the Steelers up at midfield.

Does our defense make the plays to win the game? No.

Our defense makes the plays, then the refs don't have a chance to steal the game from us.

21. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Our defense did make the play though, they stopped them from scoring and took away the ball.

djphinfan, Fin D and Dolfan330 like this.
  22. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I said:

"Our defense makes the plays, then the refs don't have a chance to steal the game from us."

Meaning that we stop them BEFORE they march down the field, then the game is NOT left to the refs to decide. You know, the way THEIR defense made the plays when they had to at the end?

Capiscé?

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Pagan, during a football game teams are gonna make plays and move the ball..botttom line, is who makes the play when the game is on the line..I understand that we have a 3 in the loss column, but to judge them on that moving forward without taking into account what really transpired on the field {won the game on a great def play} is not fair imo...your giving the best team in the league too much credit and the team that beat them not enough.

24. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro, I'm not taking anything away from the team as a whole. I'm only answering the question "did we make the plays to win the game".

The bad call aside, we still had time to win this game, didn't we? In THAT TIME FRAME, the Steelers made the plays and we didn't.

That's all I'm saying.

25. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That came after the fact that we literally should of won the game..maybe after that injustification it really wasn't a fair playing field from a mental standpoint.

Fin D likes this.
  26. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Think about from this direction:

Have you ever done a performance where you gave 110% and for the finale reached down deep and pulled out another 20% and brought the house down, then afterward you're completely and thoroughly spent?

Is it out of the realm of possibility, this team did that by not only pulling off, yet another goal line stand, but actually forcing and recovering a fumble on the goal line to seal the game...then told no it didn't count and now you're behind so do another set?

Pagan likes this.
  27. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    This has merit...except that it was the defense that dug down deep and we needed the offense to make a play afterward, no?

Guys, really...I'm NOT saying there weren't reasons, explanations, etc etc as to why it didn't get done, just THAT it didn't get done.

Fin D likes this.
  28. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Well, the offense did get a score to go up on the best defense in the league before that. Point is, there is giant mental factor to this, having played so tough and so hard, then just when you've literally done all you could by going up a score AND stopping them on the goal line, it is snatched away for no good reason...it is completely reasonable to be spent, even if you're a multimillion dollar professional athlete.

I sincerely believe (no logic or facts, just faith) if they had got the ball back when they earned it, they'd have made enough plays to play out the clock and go home with the W. The main differences being emotional reasons and a different set in the playbook (because we are built to eat the clock but not score quickly.)

29. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    we scored the most against pittsburgh then any other team which wins us a big fat cookie. Doesn't mean squat. What if you blew 5 TD chances and still lost by 1 point. IT's about blown opportunities. And we blew it. We don't take advantage of good solid play, when it counts.

We got effed by the refs. They caused us to lose the game. But Sparano is also right, we blew it as well.

30. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    There are far better forums out there for you to spew your special kind of genius. Go check out finheaven.com. They've got plenty of your type over there.

P.S. The Dolphins are actually 15th in the AFC in scoring offense. Moreover, six of the teams ahead of Miami have played an extra game, which would give Miami a chance to move up the rankings by the time those game differences even out. Moreover, Miami has played some of the toughest scoring defenses in the league (Steelers and Jets are 1 & 2, Vikings are No. 6).

But hey, don't let any facts get in the way of your personal insult laced, maturity-level revealing rant of yours.

MrClean and adamprez2003 like this.