1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who haven't seen RGM/Tsoumpas play in the CFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jul 25, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atjAzB5zpX0"]YouTube- CFL West Final: BC at CGY- November 15, 2008[/ame]

Hmm..RGM wearing #13 makes some nice catches, some guy in #91 who went to the NFL, #67 is Dimitri Tsoumpas in the Red and Black for the Calgary Stamps all met in the 2008 Western Conference Finals (sort of the NFC Championship game in the CFL)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-383102u45k&NR=1"]YouTube- CFL BC at CGY- November 1, 2008[/ame]

Ryan Grice Mullen goes for a nice long TD run, Pittsburgh's Stefan Logan, watch #67 for the Stamps down on the goaline just road grade defenders..and there is that #91 guy again..what's his name?

the 23rd and AquaBlitz like this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks Padre, good vids. RGM certainly seems to show some speed.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Funny thing is, Cam Wake was kept in check by the Stamps Oline, if one just watches those two games RGM looks like the best player they signed.

And those are from 08, Tsoumpas looked more Stumpish than he did in 2009, were he thinned up a bit, but I've watched him block two men on the same play a couple of times.

And whaddya think Sparano would say if Grice did a flip into the endzone during a game?

And let me add, Grice played much better in 08 as a Wr than he did in 09, in 09 he developed a case of the dropits.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    been calling for Grice-Mullen & Tsoumpas since they appeared on radar

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, we shall see Bro, I have a feel for what Tsoumpas is and what he can do, but until Starks or Odrick or even Stanley or Ivey lines head up him, and he stones them, any projection is limited by the CFL's 1yd wide neutral zone.

Put a lightening Quick NFL DT on him and then let's see what he can do. I think he stones them for the most part, however until he does that it's just projection.

I do know I have not seen him make mental errors, no false starts, he stays active if he drops his man Stump will find someone else to hit.

As for Grice, we'll see, if DBess and he work out together imho he straightens out his form and won't drop passes, he clearly has speed to burn, and is much faster than DBess, that is sorta obvious.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    1) ditto

2) the very best of the CFL can play in the NFL
    this is not a bush league or university program
    Wake, Dimitri & Grice-Mullen are proven commodities
    & stars in the Canadian league, the best of the best

3) Tsoumpas made his bones w/ the running game
    in the pass-oriented Canadian football league.
    he w/rookie of the year & most valuable player.
    they w/ trying to re-sign him when the FrontOffice
    stepped up & brought him to South Florida
    Dimitri Tsoumpas is big, mean, experienced,
    a proven commodity, durable & very talented

padre31 likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, FWIW, Stump visited the Jets, Eagles and Bengals as well as the SparanoPhins, two of those other teams are well run, all three were playoff teams in 09.

http://weblog.weber.edu/gridiron/2010/01/15/ex-stampeder-tsoumpas-signs-on-with-dolphins/

Interesting that Cam Wake was also employed at a health club while in the CFL.

We'll see, I do like the fact that he takes the opportunity seriously.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    he's played right & left guard as well as center throughout his career

the Orca in 2010:
    long, tsoumpas, grove, incognito, carey

rotating the Donald & little Jerry w/ garner (jack of all trades) @ backup

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Can't get over just how big the endzones are in Canada.