1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Those Who Wanna Know: All About Brandon Marshall's Background

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

So, there is debate about Brandon's character. I thought it was fair for us to at least be informed, if we're gonna throw opinions around. (Thanks for standing up for Marshall a bit, Slick, you helped inspire this thread).

ESPN Video About Marshall's Past:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4216417

I don't know what to think. Sounds like she antagonizes him, but that he has major violent reaction issues.

The question is, what has changed or will change with Marshall now to make things better in Miami? I hope there is a good answer to this question and that Marshall has found it.

dolfan7171 and JimToss like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...he's also a known terrorist

3. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

I can't comment due to legal...

Congrats on a null answer

Bpk likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Every man must decide for himself.

Every woman too, I suppose.

5. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I dont know what to think, but any guy over the age of 5 knows how women like to play the victim even though they are the ones provoking an argument. Case in point, I have a close friend that looks the criminal part. Dreadlocks, tattoos everywhere, and permanent gold teeth. His girlfriend and him got into an argument and she slapped him and ripped off some of his hair and he hit her out of natural instinct which eventually led him to being being arrested for domestic violence. Now I will NEVER EVER condone hitting a woman, NEVER, but sometimes a woman pours fuel on the fire knowing dam well her significant other has a short fuse. And i can't help but think that this is one of those cases. But at the end of the day, only Brandon Marshall and his girl know the complexities of what happened.

eric, finyank13 and Phinatic425 like this.
  6. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    This has rained on my parade a bit. I am just going to hope the kid has grown up, but there is no excuse for his previous repeated behavior.

Still I am ecstatic to have him our Miami Dolphins.

eric, dolfan7171 and Vaark like this.
  7. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Did you honestly not know about this prior to this trade?

Basically, this front office just pissed all over the idea that they value high character players. If you ever hear Jeff Ireland state that he values players with high character, he's lying.

Trading what we traded to get this piece of slime and giving him the money he's getting is really not different than giving the same to a known murderer.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He isnt exactly an angel and I hope he stays out of trouble. That being said we dont know the whole story and it does take two to tango.

eric likes this.
  9. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    So, you are saying that it is OK for a man to hit a woman.

10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yea, it's a lot different than giving it to a known murderer. Marshall is/was a criminal, I do not disagree, but murder is one of the most heinous crimes for a reason. It puts a person on a whole different level.

eric likes this.
  11. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Seriously man, we get it...give it a rest already...we know that YOU DONT LIKE MARSHALL. Let the rest of the fans have their fun and enjoy the signing. It's not necessary in every single thread.

12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    A known murderer? You are way off base here. He may have emotional issues and is involved in dysfunctional relationships with woman, but he is not the equivalent of a known murderer.

13. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    This statement is ridiculous.

14. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    How so? Miami is basically rewarding poor character with this trade.

15. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I do not doubt he has some character issues but....
    A murderer? Really?

16. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    lets just say ricky made mistakes and look look were he is right now..

17. endorPHINS1972

endorPHINS1972 New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Oh c'mon!! That's piling it pretty high.

18. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    :smackhead: Just go ahead and admit your wrong. Your reaching big time.

Im bitter sweet about the trade, but your statement is rediculous.

19. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Brandon now has 50 million reasons not to screw up.

20. mustang20241

mustang20241 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    The thing is that most of his problems are stemming from this one thing.. his legal issues anyway.. Its not like he killed anyone, robbed anyone, was heavily into drugs, or aimed a gun at someone. And if this was his EX then shes gone. Besides everyone knows its always the girl unless your Chris Brown. Not saying its OK for a man to hit a woman, especially if there was so many incidents but im sure she was crazy. If shes going to swing like a man what can you do? Your restraint can cause physical harm and there you have it, assault... Thats a discussion for another day.

21. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Brandon Marshall has 1 conviction for Driving Under Imparment. Which was a DUI plead down a C Class Traffic Misedemeanor like a Careless Driving Ticket. Every other case was dissmed/dropped or never filed, the Georgia State Attorney and investigating officers called the EX a liar and even said the stab wound appeared self inflicted. By the United States Constitution Marshall is/was innocent until proven guilty. He was never found guilty he is not a criminal. He is however a Miami Dolphin and the best Offensive Weapon of this generation!

Themole likes this.
  22. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    We don't agree often sir but hitting a woman is pretty slimey. And even if it is all her fault, walk away, be a man not a *****.
    I had an ex who stabbed me twice and three days later hit me with a car. That's just the fun part of the story, but I never hit her or did more than push her away and walk out of the apartment. And he's a big bad football player???

23. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Really? A known murderer? Really? Did I read this correctly? Really????

24. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    That statement there goes beyond moronic. Whatever credibility you had is now gone.

Den54, Frumundah Finnatic and MrClean like this.
  25. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: are you friggin kidding me? she did that to you and you didnt hit her? you're on your way to sainthood my friend. i wouldve probably superglued her tampon and coated it with itching powder and thats before i got back at her :lol:

Puka-head and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  26. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Yeah but he also has 24 million reasons to not give a f*ck as well.

27. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Um, no he's not. :-)
    Am I the only one concerned about the lack of TD's for all those catches? Over the last 3 season he has averaged around 8 TD's while catching over 100 balls.
    Whenever I watched Denver he seemed to catch a lot of bubble screens and other short stuff while never really stretching the field.

28. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    His career numbers against us is very unimpressive. I don't have the stat with me at the moment but we've been able to shut him down so I'm sure he's happy he doesn't have to face us.

29. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    How do we know that he isn't the guy that killed Darrent Williams?

Ricky's mistakes didn't put other people in harms way. The biggest thing Ricky did was quitting on his team.

30. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

You have got to be ****ing kidding. :sad: I think you've gone and outdone yourself suggesting BM possibly killed Darrent. :no:

Bpk likes this.
  31. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Yea. It is.

I am absolutely entitled to protect myself if I feel like I am in significant danger or fear for my life.

Now those situations are extremely limited or rare, but they do exist.

PS: For the record I have never ever hit a woman. There was one woman that damn sure deserved to be hit, but I just grabbed here and held her until we both calmed down.

This report is pretty damaging to Marshall for me. It's hard to pull for a women beater. Especially if it was done multiple times ( shows a pattern of abuse, not just a isolated one time event like I mentioned above ). So this bums me out. I am a fan of Marshall's athletic ability but not of him as a person from what I know of him so far.

Bpk likes this.
  32. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Well Parcell's values personell very highly ( basically my man can beat your man). He isn't a schemer like Bellicheck.

There was this guy name LT, I think he played for Parcells and he wasn't exactly a saint.

I think this FO values people who act good enough to stay on the playing field every week. The opposite of Pacman Jones. His character issues are so bad he can't stay on the field.

So I think they have a relatively low standard for 'high character'. But that is just my opinion of course.

33. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    how about we add JFK to the list? someone must have killed him too, right?

34. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Next thing we know, Keith will be saying: how do we know BM wasn't the mastermind behind 9/11? :sad:

35. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008

I was against signing Marshall, not so much for the character reasons as for the possibility than another infraction near SoBe would result in him being possibly shelved for the season. However now that we have the 3rd best WR n the league, I have to be excited by the prospects he enables. Just like I was cheering Porter 2 years ago although he's a thug, punk and dog fighter.

Still and all, calling your statement "ridiculous" is a little like calling Paris Hilton "just a tad slutty."

36. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    No I am not, I am just saying that we havent heard the whole story dont put words in my mouth, and maybe just maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills.

You are out of your ****ing mind.

37. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I think you spend way too much time behind a monitor and have you been outside in the past 5 years? Seriously, you need to turn off your computer, turn off Hanna Montana and go outside and explore the world. To compare someone hitting a woman (who has been documented isn't actually an angel herself) to murdering someone is the most stupid comment i have ever heard. You seriously just pissed me off. You sound like a spoiled brat that when you were younger probably threatened your father to take him to court if he hit you.

38. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    But if you are Brandon Marshall after she has pushed you to the point were you hit here once or twice, don't you say to yourself I need to get away from this crazy *****? It's obviously not a healthy relationship at that point, and he and she has to know it. So doesn't he share some fault in this for staying with this 'crazy *****'?

I have been very lucky to not have a relationship like that. So I can't state as to why men or women stay in these relationships.

Puka-head and unluckyluciano like this.
  39. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    No. Nothing is ever his fault. It is always someone else's fault.

40. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    if you aren't smart enough to leave when the situation has threatened your lively hood then it is on you. After being pushed verbally, to where you react violently physically is also on the person who reacted violently. If she is pushing you that much then you should leave or get out of the relationship.