1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For us still looking for jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    All I can say is keep the faith, stay positive no matter what, and keep networking and sending out resumes. We have to keep hustling and not get down. Things will get better!:up:

2. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I just found a job about a month ago. Although I had a job before this one, it was a retail job that paid pennies. I was down in the dumps because I was making like $325 every two weeks after I paid for insurance. That barely puts food on my table much less pay a mortgage and the utilities.

I feel fortunate to have found a job when I did but it goes to show the jobs are still there. We may have to polish resumes to a blinding shine and hustle our butts off but they are there. Keep the chins up guys and I do wish you all the best of luck.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I hear you bro. I understand the wages have gone down since the unemployment has gone up so much, so I know if I am offered a job it will be for a lot less then I was making.

4. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Keep pushing guys. I just landed my first "real" after searching HARD for 8 months out of school. I don't think I've ever been as low as I was at that point. Definitely one of the hardest times in my life. I put out a TON of applications and resume's but was getting turned back cold. What FINALLY put me over the hump was when I contacted my college's career services department and worked with them. I was so concentrated on my gf and getting graduated that I really missed out on networking opportunities.

I have access to a lot of design programs, and if I can help ANYONE just let me know. Even if you just need your resume put into a PDF for easier emailing or the such just let me know and I can do it for you. Keep plugging away and like cali said stay up and frosty. Good luck to all.

5. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I had an interview today through a friend who knows a VP of Operations. I go through talking with three employees, and one of them knows the controller at my old company, and he asked if he could contact his for a reference, I said sure go right ahead. He mentioned his name before I got in his office. So I am hoping for the best. This was my first interview. If you can keep your sense of humor during this it will help a lot. Best of luck to everyone!:up:

6. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I wish you the best man. :up:

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks FFIC. I had a little bit of luck right out of school doing marketing for a sports firm here in Cincinnati for NFL/NBA athletes and their youth charity camps and events. It was pretty cool, but obviously with the economic crisis, the company lost money, and I was laid off.

Searched for a month, ended up working for a mortgage firm with my roommate, was there a month and got laid off.

Been looking since Halloween and resided to getting a waiting job. I've had interviews with the Reds and Kentucky Speedway with no luck - but am hoping a contact with MSG gets back to me after the new year. (I promise I'll inflitrate and pass along any Jets info I get that can help us :up:).

But you're right, keep your head up and stay positive. It's a long haul, but the times will get better.

The time off has also inspired me and a friend, both of us UD alums, to start our own blog talking college FB, the draft, and the NFL. Check out the link in my sig.

8. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I just stumbled across this thread - as I don't frequent these other parts of the site (I don't spend a lot of time online) but, I will keep you guys in my prayers. Wish I could do something to contribute to your job search. But, right now I don't have a lot of contacts in the business world. If I learn of opportunities I will certainly put it out.

9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    My Fiance had been without work since we moved to Louisiana (dec 1st), and I finally convinced her to go out and apply rather than trying to only find stuff online. And she got hired on the spot at the first place she applied. Hooray!