1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former Dolphins OL Jonathan Martin arrested

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdallen1222, Mar 20, 2018.

1. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-martin-charged-with-making-criminal-threats/

2. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
  3. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Holy **** man that man has some serious problems. Writing on the walls in his home is bat **** crazy level. Hope he gets some help he’s seriously got some problems

Redwine4all likes this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This guy has real problems. He isn't weak minded he's ill. He needs real help. Taking the approach of calling him weak or insulting him, is why more people like him don't get help.

I know it won't, but this should cause every sports writer in the country to apologize to the Dolphin organization for their sensationalizing of the Bullygate fiasco.

RGF, Dol-Fan Dupree and Destroyer like this.
  5. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    It’s called mental illness. I hope for your sake that if you ever have an issue people are more understanding than you are.

RGF and Fin D like this.
  6. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Dude this whole country is raising a bunch of self entitled *******.Case in point another school shooting today.Parents today suck!

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I'm sorry, call me cold and callous but my sympathy level for a instant millionaire at the age of 22 who was coddled all of his life is pretty small.

Had we as a culture not abandoned the principle of "tough love" so many years ago, this en vogue topic of mental illness wouldn't be as prevalent as it is today. That's not to say mental illness doesn't exist nor ever existed, it just seems that many people who are being categorized in the mental illness section just needed a swift kick in the *** when they were younger.

8. Carmen Cygni

Carmen Cygni Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Just like we are now more adept at diagnosing autism, is the same manner in which we are now better at identifying mental illness. Empathy is not sympathy, nor does empathy equal agreement. These people are seeking guidance, not our pity.

Fin D likes this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Baby Boomers got a bunch of tough love. Those people suck. Worst generation ever!

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Here's the fail in that line of thinking.....your generation is the one that started the less tough love.

That means the tough love begat people who disliked it so much as a generation, they went away from it when they had their kids.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  11. Base of Gase

Base of Gase Active Member

Apr 21, 2017
    NY
    This guy is just completely off the reservation. That’s going to be a steep uphill battle in rehabilitation, through medication and therapy. If even possible.

I’m just glad they got to him before anyone was seriously injured, or even killed. That’s an extremely scary situation that could have ended horribly.