Former UCLA coach Dorrell likes potential of Dolphins receivers

17 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jul 4, 2008, 09:16 AM

"

It's a young group, a group that has a lot of potential," Dorrell said.

The Dolphins hope his best work shows in Ginn, a ninth overall draft pick who has developed slowly.

Dorrell is trying to help him understand what Sparano wants to see: intensity, speed, discipline.

"Because he's been a head coach, he helps you know what our head coach wants from us," Ginn said. "Plus, it's great to learn from somebody who has been on that level before."

Said Wilford: "He doesn't say a lot, but what he says is important."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/07/03/a1c_dorrell_0704.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Happy 4 to everyone......

KAKanye WestNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 10:47 AM

Ted Ginn Jr slowly deloping what? He has onlt been in the leagur for a year and last year he was great for a rookie widereciver.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 10:48 AM
PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jul 4, 2008, 12:20 PM

Thanks Anthony, Happy 4th to you too.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

CRCrunkcoreNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 04:30 PM

Good read. Hopefully our WRs can have a good year.

Thanks Hulk for the great sig!

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 04:39 PM

NOBODY can tell how Ginn has developed....he was in a putrid offense.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jul 4, 2008, 04:49 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

Ted Ginn Jr slowly deloping what? He has onlt been in the leagur for a year and last year he was great for a rookie widereciver.

Thats exactly what I was wondering. How is a WR developing slowly after only 1 year with limited action?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 04:55 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Thats exactly what I was wondering. How is a WR developing slowly after only 1 year with limited action?

Exactly my thoughts.

FanMarinoFanMarinoNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 05:10 PM

Weve got Ginn and thats it as far as im concerned right now. Chambers, Booker and Welker have gone and we havnt got replacements for them in any way, shape or form. We havnt got a group who show "potential" unless you say Rookies show potential but dont they all? Potential to me also says.....maybe/maybe nots. I dont want maybes. Lets hope we draft "skill" positions next yr in the draft who actually are EXPECTED to do well in their careers. The team wont be fixed in one season i know but i know we are going to run, run and run the ball. Thank flip weve got Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and Jake Long.

FEfelly smartsNew Member
Jul 4, 2008, 08:33 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

Ted Ginn Jr slowly deloping what? He has onlt been in the leagur for a year and last year he was great for a rookie widereciver.

No....Chris Chambers had a great rookie season. Ginn didn;t do that much.

"I have two weapons...
...my arm
...my legs
.......and my brain."

Michael Vick

:sidelol:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jul 4, 2008, 08:39 PM

"FanMarino wrote:

Weve got Ginn and thats it as far as im concerned right now. Chambers, Booker and Welker have gone and we havnt got replacements for them in any way, shape or form. We havnt got a group who show "potential" unless you say Rookies show potential but dont they all? Potential to me also says.....maybe/maybe nots. I dont want maybes. Lets hope we draft "skill" positions next yr in the draft who actually are EXPECTED to do well in their careers. The team wont be fixed in one season i know but i know we are going to run, run and run the ball. Thank flip weve got Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and Jake Long.

Right on, potential means -0-, potential is far different from "developing" meaning they are using their potential.

For me, I'd take a group of non burners who can make the tough catches and block over "potential"...

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 4, 2008, 08:42 PM

I may be the minority.... But I have high hopes for Hagan.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Jul 6, 2008, 07:09 PM

Potential is just that...potential. We have had lots of guys with potential. I want winners now.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jul 6, 2008, 08:35 PM

"Because he's been a head coach, he helps you know what our head coach wants from us," Ginn said. "Plus, it's great to learn from somebody who has been on that level before."

He's been a head coach, just not a very good one. And woe is the team that lets him be an offensive coordinator. Still, he's a quality WR coach.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

FanMarinoFanMarinoNew Member
Jul 11, 2008, 02:44 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Right on, potential means -0-, potential is far different from "developing" meaning they are using their potential.

For me, I'd take a group of non burners who can make the tough catches and block over "potential"...

Correct. Hagan has had "potential" for yrs. I'm still waiting.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 11, 2008, 03:32 PM

"FanMarino wrote:

Correct. Hagan has had "potential" for yrs. I'm still waiting.

by Years you mean two. It is not like this is his fifth year and he still isn't getting it.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Jul 11, 2008, 05:15 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

NOBODY can tell how Ginn has developed....he was in a putrid offense.

"slickj101 wrote:

Thats exactly what I was wondering. How is a WR developing slowly after only 1 year with limited action?

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

you guys are only looking at the numbers from 2007. When someone is talking about development, they could mean performance in minicamps, training camps, offseason progression, etc...

Dorrell could be speaking comparitively from last year to now, you guys don't know. I think we all can agree he had a decent year last year... but after the end of the 16th game last year, none of us have seen squat from Ginn.

Now this guy comes and says he's slowly developing..... i'd tend to listen to this guy given his position and exposure to Ginn compared to us. :up:

*

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 11, 2008, 10:27 PM

"texasPHINSfan wrote:

you guys are only looking at the numbers from 2007. When someone is talking about development, they could mean performance in minicamps, training camps, offseason progression, etc...

Dorrell could be speaking comparitively from last year to now, you guys don't know. I think we all can agree he had a decent year last year... but after the end of the 16th game last year, none of us have seen squat from Ginn.

Now this guy comes and says he's slowly developing..... i'd tend to listen to this guy given his position and exposure to Ginn compared to us. :up:

Why?? How many of these guys are actually right??? Sorry but there are FEW "analysts" I respect anymore than your average THEPHINS club member.

By the way it's basically common knowledge that it normally takes Wr's 3 years to develop, and I really doubt this guy has been monotring Ginn to hard from Jan to now.

PEACE. :up: