Frank Mir to fight Shane Carwin at UFC 111

6 replies

Skeet84Skeet84New MemberOP
Dec 16, 2009, 03:31 PM

Rumors are both agreed to fight and Carwin already came out and said he was fighting Mir. I have no link cause I am on my phone.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 16, 2009, 04:16 PM

Co-main event with GSP-Dan Hardy. Will be for the interim belt.

It will have been over a year since Carwin has fought.

http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2009/12/mircarwin_set_for_march_noguei.html

Jon Jones and Brandon Vera on Fight Night would be great too.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2009, 05:29 PM

cool frank mir as interim champ................again

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 16, 2009, 05:39 PM

Shane Carwin is for real and I dont think Mir goes in there and wins easily. I want to see that fight alot more than GSP and Hardy.

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 16, 2009, 06:00 PM

If Carwin can beat Mir I think it would def. put up a good arguement for him in conteding against Brock if (god willing) he returns. As much as people love to hate brock he single handedly brought more media attention to UFC than any other fighter they have. Carwin is not a push over.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 16, 2009, 06:16 PM

Carwin can put him to sleep with one punch.

But Mir is such a student of the game. And now that he's a legit 265 and strikes, he's as well-rounded a guy as there is.

Mir also has the significant edge in experience and quality competition.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 16, 2009, 06:22 PM

"Muck wrote:

Carwin can put him to sleep with one punch.

But Mir is such a student of the game. And now that he's a legit 265 and strikes, he's as well-rounded a guy as there is.

Mir also has the significant edge in experience and quality competition.

I agree with everything you posted. Mir is the most dangerous fighter in the UFC with skills on ground and standing. Carwin does not have the expirenece but it will be fun to watch that fight.

*Also nothing but a rumor but Brock Lesnar to return July 2010