1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Reich Fired

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Nov 7, 2022.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Just saw it break, Reich is out at Indy

2. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    It's a cut-throat job. Everybody's not able to handle it at the pro level. I'll be surprised if Hackett isn't out in Denver soon, too. They went from being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders to selling off assets in half a season and a big reason for it is his playcalling. The Broncos look lost on a weekly basis in a surprisingly mediocre AFC West.

Regarding Reich, it's surprisingly how horrible their OL became in the course of an offseason. Matt Ryan's aggregate stats were decent, but being under constant pressure led to turnovers and mistakes he didn't make in Atlanta, even with a typically bad OL there. The Colts should have fired him last week so they could sell off assets to begin a rebuild in earnest. Firing the coach halfway into the season is not just a bad look, it's likely to result in worse performance.

3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    At first I was surprised.

But then it hit me that Reich had a very Wanny-like career as the Colts HC. 10, 7, 9 and 8 win seasons prior to this, with a loss in the Divisional and WC rounds. Then in year five the team falls apart and he gets fired halfway through. Its an extremely similar story.